Bloodborne

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch
I just read a couple of reviews, and it looks like this game, is BETTER than the dark souls games from what the reviewers think!

Now just release it for PC already!!!!

If someone has a PS4... you have to report if this is true. :speechless:

I have a PS4 and could get the game soon, but I'm really not a fan of Dark Souls types of games. Well, never tried Dark Souls 2, but didn't like Dark Souls 1 one bit.

Let's wait and see until the reviews settle down. I'm still not seeing anything except a pretty game with challenging combat. Not for me, but if it turns out to have more this time, like a great story or stronger exploration - then I'll consider it. But grinding and learning patterns for no other reason than getting to grind more and learn more patterns just isn't enough for me.

I've not finished any of the Souls games, but have great respect for the gameplay. I've not finished any of them as I always got too frustrated, but they always remained in the back of my mind. As a great challenge just waiting to be put down.

Bloodborne in particular, I'll be getting it just on the basis of its visuals which I find absolutely gorgeous. I love the victorian gothic horror setting. I just wish they'd put more emphasis on story and world building. It would be even better.

All I've heard about Bloodborne is lack of challenge.
Although...

If it's DS clone I don't know what challenge people expect from a grinder - it's supposed to be grinding, not challenging.

I have it pre ordered, it was sent to me today so it will be here tomorrow or the day after. And it's not a DS clone Joxer, it's a sequel with a different name. It's made by the guy who made Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls.

I'll probably play a little bit of it, but I plan to play Pillars first.

The 1 review I read said it was better than DS2 but not as good as DS1. Not sure what that says as I felt the same way about lords of the fallen.

From the review it sounds like a DS clone but in a different setting but none of those games are grinders as you don't need to grind levels to be able to beat enemies. In that regard games like BG would require more grinding.

Joxer doesn't know anything about these games, he just likes to troll these threads. Maybe one day he'll realize it's ok to not post in a thread if you don't know anything about the topic.

Anyway my copies coming today but Im in the middle of another 14 hour workday so I'm not sure if I'll be playing it anytime soon.

Will never happen.

Bloodborne is as demon souls a Sony funded game and Sony owns the IP, so, there is 0 chances of seeing this game outside ps4.

Amazon was just an employee trolling, a mistake adding the item for PS4 or an independent seller trolling again.

I've never heard anything about Bloodborne being owned by Sony. Link?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140211-Sony-Mistakenly-Lets-Bloodbornes-Trademark-Expire

Sony doesn't own the game but they have a trademark on the bloodborne name, therefore from software would need songs permission to port it to other system.

The game is also published by sony, that means that they probably paid or funded part of the development, just like demon souls.

This game destroyed Pillars of Eternity on Twitch, it made up to LoL ratings (into the 100k) Streamers who started to show PoE, for many of them, turn to Bloodborne.
Streamers go where the money is and this looks like the $500~1000 in tips game when done well.

Nevertheless, it is nothing good, as it was done and designed for consoles.

If any good, it would have been released and designed for PC first.

Back
Top Bottom