GOG - Bethesda Goes to GOG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Bethesda Softworks is now amongst the list of publishers with games on Good Old Games.

GOG.com and Bethesda Softworks have teamed up to release some of their greatest hits – now DRM-free for the first time. The new arrivals include two digital-distribution premieres, the return of the Fallout series, and for the next seven days some special discounted offers.

The Elder Scrolls series (DRM-free)| Purchase all three games to receive a 33% discount.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire

id Software titles (also DRM-free) | Purchase all three games to receive a 33% discount.
- Quake includes Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
- The Ultimate DOOM
- DOOM II + Master Levels for DOOM II + Final DOOM

The Fallout series returns DRM-free | Purchase all three games to receive a 66% discount.
- Fallout
- Fallout 2
- Fallout Tactics

Bonus! Buy any Bethesda game on GOG.com and The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your GOG.com game shelf entirely for FREE.
More information.

Well well, that's nice.

Strangely enough, even though I had bought the Fallouts before they were taken down, it doesn't mark them as "owned" right now. Ah, but it looks like the old ones are suffixed with "Classic". I wonder whether there's a difference...

Well well, that's nice.

Strangely enough, even though I had bought the Fallouts before they were taken down, it doesn't mark them as "owned" right now. Ah, but it looks like the old ones are suffixed with "Classic". I wonder whether there's a difference…

I have them again in my games list on GoG marked as classic, well good to have them back where I can download them :)

Apparently they aren't giving any extras away with the newly sold versions. Just the manuals. I have no idea why Bethesda isn't allowing the extras to be given away, or if it's a temporary thing that will change.

All the extras are still there if you bought the games before they were taken down. But the newly sold versions will have a different game card & different listing in your account so the newly sold versions will not show as you owning them (I hope that makes sense...even though the fact that they're doing it that way makes zero sense to me).

It's better to buy the ID games in a bundle for super cheap on Steam, it's always offered in their Summer and Christmas sales.

Apparently they aren't giving any extras away with the newly sold versions. Just the manuals. I have no idea why Bethesda isn't allowing the extras to be given away, or if it's a temporary thing that will change.

All the extras are still there if you bought the games before they were taken down. But the newly sold versions will have a different game card & different listing in your account so the newly sold versions will not show as you owning them (I hope that makes sense…even though the fact that they're doing it that way makes zero sense to me).

Aaah. That would explain the different listing. Heh, glad I got them before they were taking down then.

Not mentioned in the announcement, but if you get the Elder Scrolls bundle, Arena and Daggerfall are included too. I know they were available for free already, but nice to have them in a GOG package.

It's better to buy the ID games in a bundle for super cheap on Steam, it's always offered in their Summer and Christmas sales.
Normally, it's always better to buy Oldies on GOG, because they invest time and money to get their games running on modern systems. On Steam it's up to the publisher.

So they made Redguard work on modern computers? Great news. I remember I scratched my disc and sent it back after discovering it wouldn't run on my Riva TNT card :D

ELDER SCROLLS III: MORROWIND GOTY EDITION, THE - £14.99

£15 for Morrowind. I would like to know what the fuck they are smoking. Do they think people in UK are swimming in pile of pound notes!

ELDER SCROLLS III: MORROWIND GOTY EDITION, THE - £14.99

£15 for Morrowind. I would like to know what the fuck they are smoking. Do they think people in UK are swimming in pile of pound notes!

Not sure anyone in the world right now except the top 1%ers are have any extra money these days.

Look at the Canadian dollar today below .75 today for the first time since 2004. The stock market, Greece is a total mess.

The US have a insane Billionaire that most likely will win their election…

I know in the business I am in, CNC machining, the world market is down 12% this year after making some growth in the US the last two years.

So ... there are now TWO versions of Fallout 1 / 2 / Tactics on GoG.com? And I am no longer recognized as owning it anymore (though it shows in my library)? Ugh.

So they made Redguard work on modern computers? Great news. I remember I scratched my disc and sent it back after discovering it wouldn't run on my Riva TNT card :D

That jumped out at me too. I never finished that game (not sure why) but I'm gonna get it now and complete it.

So … there are now TWO versions of Fallout 1 / 2 / Tactics on GoG.com? And I am no longer recognized as owning it anymore (though it shows in my library)? Ugh.

No you just aren't recognized as owning the new listing of it. The license you purchased just isn't listed in the catalog anymore because the publisher changed. Guess this is just some weirdness from publishers changing hands.

They package Doom II and Final Doom together, but Ultimate Doom is separate? :thinking:

Is that the current discounted price or the regular price over there?
*Edit* Nevermind.. I just realized there's no discount if you purchase the games separately.

Last edited:
Well $6 for well ported DOSBox versions of Redgaurd, Arena, and Daggerfall seems worth it. Bought it. Crossing my fingers the DOSBox parts don't suck. I'll hold off on Battlespire for now.

But none of those are supported by Galaxy…. :/

EDIT: Well maybe they are now after the Galaxy update. Downloading as type. :)

Last edited:
yeah, this is well worth it just for a version of Daggerfall where I don't have to fiddle with DOSBox and then have it crash after ten minutes.

Let's hope. The GoG DOSBOX Jagged Alliance 2 had a few issues I could fix on my own. But it still freezes sometimes. Not the first time I've had issues with GoG DOSBox encapsulations.

Back
Top Bottom