Pricewatch!

It feels like it's been ages since Steam has had any really good sale offers. They seem to be pushing early access (bad), already cheap indie games, and the occasional older game that I've usually already picked up for less during a big sale.

Huh, and here's a pretty good weekend deal. They've got a lot of Deep Silver games, including Metro 2033 Redux, the whole Saints Row package (2, 3, and 4, definitely worth it!), and some of the Risen and Sacred games. Naturally I've already got everything I want out off that list. :p

Cool, thanks for the heads up; I'd been waiting on Metro Redux to go on sale. $25 for both games is a lot more reasonable for the upgraded versions.

... the whole Saints Row package (2, 3, and 4, definitely worth it!) ...
I'll say! Saints Row 2 (OK I guess, make sure you get the mods that make it run right on a PC as the port was horrific), 3 (seriously fun), 4 (fairly fun), and all 47 DLCs (seriously guys!?) for just $13.74 in the USA.

I'll say! Saints Row 2 (OK I guess, make sure you get the mods that make it run right on a PC as the port was horrific), 3 (seriously fun), 4 (fairly fun), and all 47 DLCs (seriously guys!?) for just $13.74 in the USA.

Saints Row 3 is definitely the best. 4 is insane fun, but feels a bit smaller and restricted. 2 is still more of a GTA clone and comes across as a lot more mean-spirited, but it's still worth a look.

I've been curious about the Saint Row games for a while, never played any of them myself. If you buy them via Steam, do you have to use another platform to actually play them or is Steam sufficient?

I don't remember them needing any additional platforms. If they do, they do it fairly seamlessly.

Saints Row 3 is definitely the best. 4 is insane fun, but feels a bit smaller and restricted. 2 is still more of a GTA clone and comes across as a lot more mean-spirited, but it's still worth a look.

I personally found SR2 to be better than SR3 (with the mod that made the game run properly... SR2 might quite possibly have the worst port I've ever seen). The fact that it had serious moments interspersed with the zany ones made the zany ones stand out a lot more. SR3 suffered from being zany pretty much all the time, which made all the strange things going on feel a lot less interesting.

Dark Souls II for $19.47 through Bandai Namco's as a Steam Key. Season Pass available also. Pretty much what I've been waiting for. Reddit says takes 2-3 hours to get key.

http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com/Dark-Souls-II-Steam-Key

I feel the need to warn everyone that this company is having some sort of problem with their ordering system. I ordered the game + Season Pass on Thursday night, and I have yet to receive my key. They had no problem billing my credit card, however. There is no indication anywhere on the site that there is any sort of problem. I have spoken to their support line 4 times, and they still have no clue what is going on with this issue. I ended up cancelling my order in disgust. They simply have no idea how to run a business. Steam will probably match their prices during the Autumn or Winter sales, anyway. Order at your own peril.

I feel the need to warn everyone that this company is having some sort of problem with their ordering system. I ordered the game + Season Pass on Thursday night, and I have yet to receive my key. They had no problem billing my credit card, however. There is no indication anywhere on the site that there is any sort of problem. I have spoken to their support line 4 times, and they still have no clue what is going on with this issue. I ended up cancelling my order in disgust. They simply have no idea how to run a business. Steam will probably match their prices during the Autumn or Winter sales, anyway. Order at your own peril.

My order was also long delayed: I ordered Thursday evening and only got my key in the middle of the night saturday morning.

I expect steam sales will be $19.99, I was hoping for a 25% sale during the summer sale but never materialized so I'm not expecting a large discount. However, it was pretty naive of them to not be prepared with keys, *shakes head*.

Some nice deals in Steam's weekly sale. Kings Bounty: Armored Princess and Crossroads are 75% off. Ghostbusters is also crazy cheap, so if you're at all a fan of the films, pick this one up for Halloween. It is basically Ghostbusters 3. It's got all of the actors, a decent plot, and some really creepy bits that expand the mythology a lot.

Crusader: No Remorse for free @Origin!

Other than the fluff DLCs that are just cosmetic, it has:
- Legacy of Rome (Byzantium specific gameplay plus adds retinues)
- Sunset Invasion (alternate history where Aztecs invade Europe)
- Sword of Islam (enables Muslim gameplay)
- The Republic (enables Merchant Republics like Venice and Genoa)

It's missing:
- The Old Gods (moves the starting year back to the Age of Vikings, enables playing as pagans)
- Rajas of India (enables Hindu realms)
- Charlemagne (moves the starting year back to the Charlemagne era)

As a side note, you do not need DLCs to enjoy the game, they are totally optional and you only really want them after you've played hundreds of hours with the original game and are looking for new types of governments.

Back
Top Bottom