So where is everyone from?

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
There seem to be lots of threads about different aspects of users, but I didn't see one about where people are from. I always have to remind myself when posting, particularly on the politics board, that not everyone, heck maybe most, on this board are outside the US. This is definitely the most international board I frequent!

So I'm in New York City, but raised in Texas (Dallas and Austin) where I lived for 23 years. So don't go calling me a yankee or anything!!

I was born in the greater Chicago area 59 years ago, but I've been Okyfied by thirty plus years of residence here in the land of the dustbowl, chicken-fried steak, Woody Guthrie, the reddest dirt and the craziest college football fans ANYwhere--so don't go calling me a yankee or anything. ;)

Poland. Born in Krakow 25 years ago. Still living there (and loving the place).

Let's see, born in England, raised and educated in Canada (Toronto), and now residing in Australia for the past 35 years!! So don't go calling me a Yankee either!! :)

Born and raised in Montana. Ive been in Montana mostly for my whole life. Although Ive lived a year in Washington state (town called Chehalis); a year in Bryce Canyon Utah, and a year in Las Vegas. I am back in Montana, probably never to leave, but who knows.

And if I had a choice I would live in Norway or Sweden.

Born in Indiana, grew up in Ohio, back to Indiana, spent some time in Oklahoma and Texas (would like to do more of that!), back in Indiana

Born in Kentucky, grew up in New York, then Texas, then Missouri, moved back to Kentucky and now back in Missouri.

Notice that last group don't deny they're Yankees!! :)

Born in Warsaw (Poland), educated in Krakow (and loving the place), living in London for the last 26+ years.

Notice that last group don't deny they're Yankees!! :)
Yankee? I don't know. cm's a regular hilljack (which might explain the whole Blues problem), and I'm just a dumb bucknut turned hoosier.

I was born in Waterloo, Ontario (that's in Canada for the geographically challenged :p ), and have lived in Stratford, Ontario for the past 32 years.

I love the Stratford Shakespearian Festival. Used to go there as a teenager and it gave me a great love of the Bard and live theatre!!

Born in Ohio in US (near Cincinnati). I've traveled all around the US and Canada (which I love), but I've never had the urge to call anywhere home but Ohio... I'm just content like that.

I am living in

North Rhine-Westphalia
(German: Nordrhein-Westfalen, usually shortened to NRW, official short form NW) is the westernmost and - in terms of population and economic output - the largest Federal State of Germany. North Rhine-Westphalia has over 18 million inhabitants, contributes about 22% of Germany's gross domestic product and comprises a land area of 34,083 km² (13,158 square miles). North Rhine-Westphalia is situated in the Western part of Germany and shares borders with Belgium and the Netherlands. It has borders with the German states of Lower Saxony to the North and Northeast, Rhineland-Palatinate to the Southwest and Hesse to the Southeast.

The capital city is Düsseldorf. The largest city is Cologne (Köln). Other major cities are Dortmund, Essen, Duisburg, Oberhausen, Aachen, Bielefeld, Bonn, Bochum, Mülheim, Münster, Paderborn, Gelsenkirchen and Wuppertal.

I was born in (and am currently living in) the Saarland, the smallest German area state; I spent some time in Iowa back in 89/90 but moved merrily around my home state most of the other time.

Back
Top Bottom