Bloom - Update #6, The Invisible Magic

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The next kickstarter update for Bloom: Memories gives a small update on the project, and Lead Developer James gives a look at how the game was developed.

The Invisible Magic of Bloom

Heya everyone, Dani here again... but only for a bit. This update will actually be in the hands of James (the developer, who handles the techy side). First off, thanks so much for all of the support! We are just around the corner from reaching the goal, so please keep spreading the word and we can push through.

To help things along, I'm also happy to announce a special $5 add-on.

Small Print - An 8.5" x 5.5" art print! ((Note: This is not the final version, I will be doing several versions and a vote will decide the most popular TWO to print. So if you get two of these add-ons, you will get both different prints)).

Also, we just made it into the top 10 on steam greenlight, so things are definitely moving in the right direction!

Anyhow, take it away James.

Outside of the amazing artwork and beautiful music of Bloom, there is something equally impressive and it’s almost invisible unless you know where to look. Because this is a passion project, every team member has poured their heart and soul into Bloom – and I am no different.

I am James, the lead (and only) developer. My job is building the game engine; to pull all the amazing assets together to create the game.

While many programmers view code as a means to an end, a tool… I see it as an art form. To produce beautiful code, to achieve the impossible, to turn a bunch of unconnected stuff into an amazing experience for the player.
More information.

Maybe. Looks a bit wet to me. Lots of sentimentality is fine (sort of) in Spielberg films, but maybe doesn't work so well in RPGs where you need to beat the crap out of stuff.

I suppose it's looking more like an adventure RPG than an action RPG. It depends on your preferences.

Maybe. Looks a bit wet to me. Lots of sentimentality is fine (sort of) in Spielberg films, but maybe doesn't work so well in RPGs where you need to beat the crap out of stuff.

Now that's funny, really.

Back
Top Bottom