The TV Series discussion thread

Has anyone else seen The OA? It's a Netflix original series and probably the best one since Stranger Things. I'm curious what other people thought about it.

I watched three episodes or so and found that it probably could have been something I enjoyed but was too slow for me.

I also found it odd that it was someone simply explaining her story and stuff.

I'm sure there's more to it, but I don't think it's for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed The OA. Didn't think it was slow. It's definitely a bit different.

Watched the first two episodes of The Son, really liked it (western).

Edit: Better Call Saul S03E01 ♥

Last edited:
Well you can't blame him. Like he put it…

“It’s distraction,” he said in 2014 during the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival. “Because the books and the show are so popular I have interviews to do constantly. I have travel plans constantly. It’s like suddenly I get invited to travel to South Africa or Dubai, and who’s passing up a free trip to Dubai? I don’t write when I travel. I don’t write in hotel rooms. I don’t write on airplanes. I really have to be in my own house undisturbed to write. Through most of my life nobody did bother me, but now everyone bothers me every day. I have assistants and minions whose main job is to make sure people don’t bother me so I can actually get writing done.”

He should fire those assistants an minions and hire some proper ones as he apparently still doesn't have enough time to finish book 6.

Star Trek parody incoming.

Here's hope the trailer doesn't collect everything (they think as) worth watching in whole series.

The really amusing part might be that Orville will likely be on the air before the Star Trek show, which seems like its been in development for like twenty years now or more.

Star Trek parody incoming.
Neat. It gets bonus points for featuring a starship with a bright bridge: One of the reasons the NCC-1701-D > all other Enterprises. Getting a slight Futurama vibe from the trailer, which is also neat.

Thanks for the info, didn't know about this before now.

Star Trek Discovery got it's first trailer:

Color me unimpressed. Is it just me or Mass Effect games had more "flesh" in their trailers than an actual TV show?

Then Saul may surprise you, in a good way. I'd pretty much watch anything that has Odenkirk and McKean in it.
Odenkirk as the Chief was so loveable in Fargo Season 1.

Anyone else excited about the new Twin Peaks season, starting tonight? I'm currently re-watching the old series, to get a refresher. I'm pumped for the series. And I hope it does well. I'm hungry for some David Lynch weirdness. :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4093826/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Absolutely - grabbed a Showtime subscription through Amazon (saves $2/month over dedicated station, even more over adding to cable) just to watch.

Sorry, but no, I don't believe Lynch anything any more. For years now.
While I'm not excited, if some of you, after watching it whole and not based on a couple of episodes, says it's a mustwatch, Ill give it a shot. But only then.

I'm very excited about the Twin Peaks revival, I went to one of the gatherings in '92 I think it was. Got to meet a lot of the folks involved and had a really good time, it was my first trip to the pacific northwest. If you've not done so, watching the missing pieces that were cut from Fire Walk with Me will provide some more information on the story, and I suspect the movie will be much more in line with the new material versus the original tv show.

I missed Twin Peaks back in the day. I've tried watching it recently, but it clearly feels like something that belonged to its time. Certainly, I wasn't impressed.

Back
Top Bottom