Cyberpunk 2077 - Release at the End of 2016

For me Deus Ex covers my craving for cyberpunk enough. Unless Deus Ex sucks I don't know if I will care about this game much. Hopefully it is more gameplay and less cinematics like TW2 and TW3.

I think CDPR has confirmed that you will be able to create your own character (i.e., choose your class and gender) in Cyberpunk. That alone should make the experience different from Deus Ex or The Witcher games.

My hope would be for them to structure Cyberpunk like Age of Decadence, where your choice of background (class) affects the story and what quests you can do (or how you can approach them). I gather that there are 10 main "roles" in Cyberpunk tabletop game, so that could make for a huge amount of replay value.

Of course, now that CDPR has unfortunately jumped on the "open world" bandwagon with TW3, something like that seems unlikely. Maybe we could hope for a Dragon Age Origins-eque story structure (prologue differs, but rest of the game is essentially the same for all classes).

Unfortunately, I guessing that the dialogue system will probably suck because they'll probably insist on having a voiced protagonist and using TW2-3's take on Bioware's dialogue wheel.

Well the latest Polish business show interview with the CEO says otherwise.

Link - http://knowyourgaming.com/2015/12/t...l-be-devoted-to-witcher-3-ceo-cd-projekt-red/
‘‘This and the next year will be devoted to The Witcher. Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas. They should help us animate sales in 2016. The game is selling so well, that we are convinced there are still many people who will buy it if we promote it further.”

‘‘Life after The Witcher exists. We’ve been working on Cyberpunk 2077 for a long time. It’s a completely different reality, set in the future, with corporations and morally grey world. Just to be clear: We already have the release date for Cyberpunk 2077 planned, but we won’t announce it until we are ready to start the marketing campaign. At the moment we’re concentrating on The Witcher and don’t want to distract users from that product, which we are still monetizing.”

‘‘This and the next year will be devoted to The Witcher. Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas. They should help us animate sales in 2016. The game is selling so well, that we are convinced there are still many people who will buy it if we promote it further.”

Come on PC-melting Enhanced Edition!

Come on PC-melting Enhanced Edition!
It will probably be released after the final expansion Blood & Wine in 2016.:lol:

After that we will see the start of the Cyberpunk 2077 marketing campaign.

Bobo is right…

Truer words of wisdom have never be spoken. :p

But this mention of "additional ideas" sounds interesting…modkit, some extra game play features or Dlc's ?
If it was anything "larger", they'd probably be more up front about it.

Ah, yes - a proper modkit could definitely give them some extra life.

Well the latest Polish business show interview with the CEO says otherwise.

Link - http://knowyourgaming.com/2015/12/t...l-be-devoted-to-witcher-3-ceo-cd-projekt-red/

First words of the article "Recently, in an interview to Polish business show, Money, CEO of CD Projekt Red was frankly very open about his and the company’s aims for the year 2016."

Aiming for and releasing are two different things. I would still be surprised to see this by third quarter 2017

First words of the article "Recently, in an interview to Polish business show, Money, CEO of CD Projekt Red was frankly very open about his and the company’s aims for the year 2016."

Aiming for and releasing are two different things. I would still be surprised to see this by third quarter 2017
Never said otherwise CelticFrost. :)

I always knew this game wouldn't be released till 2017. As CD Projekt Red always said Witcher III will be the developers focus in 2016 with some side projects.

If I recall they opened another studio for side projects last year.:thinking:

Never said otherwise CelticFrost. :)

I always knew this game wouldn't be released till 2017. As CD Projekt Red always said Witcher III will be the developers focus in 2016 with some side projects.

If I recall they opened another studio for side projects last year.:thinking:

No, no Mr. Potato, I was just quoting your to use your link. I wasn't saying you were saying that.

I like having you back….

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom