Return of the Daily Smile

And it took 30 minutes to restart?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Took about 5 minutes to restart, 5 minutes for PowerPoint to recover, then you could do about 5 x 3 sets of changes and saves, then reboot again. Or it would crash and corrupt your file.

Word indexing for word 6.0 was similar, so we used to put markers for indexes in the document then spend 2-3 days going through the document changing them from ’comments’ to real index commands, press the keys to build and index, cross your fingers and if it worked save, backup and restart.

I had Windows 3.1(1) much longer than everybody else. I alwaxs upgraded much later than anybody else.

When I had found an "easter egg" in one Windows Help page of 3.1 and sent that in to a PC magazine, I won 10 dollars or what it was. It got printed.
That was the Golden Age Of Easter Egg Hunting.
Oh, how much I miss these times !

One Easter Egg I never found out about is that text string in my Windows 3.1 version that was something about the Blue Rider art group / Kandinski https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Blaue_Reiter
I never found out how to activate that, I just found that text string within a file.

I never had BOB, I think it'd be a program I'd like.
Once, however, I had given my younger sister Creative Writer ( I think it was that) as a present. It should still be around here somewhere … The Wikipedia shows that this is the source of all modern office Ribbons … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Writer

What I liked most, however, were those funny screensavers by Delrina fearturing Opus & Bill.
But Symantec bought Delrina for nothing but the Fax program and destroyed everthing else (very similar to EA buying and destroying game developers).

With Microsoft having become a 100 % B2B company now, a brand like "Microsoft Home" is far less than just "unlikely".

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Massachusetts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, June 15, 2020

Six Former eBay Employees Charged with Aggressive Cyberstalking Campaign Targeting Natick Couple

BOSTON – Six former employees of eBay, Inc. have been charged with leading a cyberstalking campaign targeting the editor and publisher of a newsletter that eBay executives viewed as critical of the company. The alleged harassment included sending the couple anonymous, threatening messages, disturbing deliveries – including a box of live cockroaches, a funeral wreath and a bloody pig mask – and conducting covert surveillance of the victims.

James Baugh, 45, of San Jose, Calif., eBay’s former Senior Director of Safety & Security, was arrested today and charged by criminal complaint with conspiracy to commit cyberstalking and conspiracy to tamper with witnesses.

LOL

[full article: https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/6/1592241873.html ]

You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps.

Michael Jackson's Thriller video currently has 666m views!

"Due to my strong personal convictions,
I wish to stress that this film in no
way endorses a belief in the occult.
- Michael Jackson"

Busted!

old_days_2.png

If only I had the time and patience to falsify Wikipedia pages...

Passive Aggressive Hip Hop:biggrin:

Don't know if this shows outside Norway: https://www.nrk.no/video/humor/det-...maskinen_2a69f7a8-6f54-4fae-84ca-1e9c0c1a4d95

But it's and advice from the Norwegian Broadcasting Company (NRK) about the dangers of playing with copy-machines.

a pibbur who assumes that since it comes from official Norwegian channels it does not have to be posted in the … other forum. Despite it being somewhat yecchy.

Haha, licking it didn't seem like a good idea in the first place (especially in the age of Covid), even before I got to the punchline.

Recently read (curiously on packages with tissues) :

You're one in a melon
Ha-blooma-matata
Squeeze the day

"The worst thing about being bitten by a poisonous spider, is that you're probably Australian."

Apologies to our Aussie mates. :p

"The worst thing about being bitten by a poisonous spider, is that you're probably Australian."

Nah, that, like being eaten by a crocodile, is something we leave for tourists to do.

I suggest the following revision: "The worst thing about being bitten by a poisonous spider, is that you're probably in Australia."

a pibbur who will say no more47 (the extra numbers was caused by an attempt to strike down a fly).

Saw a license plate … what's the word ?
We call it "Nummernschild" = "number sign" …
... on a car.

It read :

DU-MB

Back
Top Bottom