Drakensang Room for background questions

(partly because of the bad experiences the high elves had with the worship of their gods - I would have to look that up to get into more detail).

As far as I know, they seemed to have worshipped even the Nameless One. Or at least been seduced/mislead by this one ...

I don't know for sure, but I deduced this from posts at the forums ...

Number 137 of the "Aventurian Newspaper" - now turned into a small gaming magazine for Ulisses - called the "Aventurischer Bote" contains a sheet with the background information and the stats of Forgrimm - at the beginning of the game "Drakensang".

By the way, there *are* still specimens of the hardcover TDE 4.0 rule set in incirculation. I have seen several ones at the "Internationale Spieletage" / "Spiel 2009" in essen, Germany. There obviously still *are* a few vendors still selling them.

If needed, I can try to find some out from those who had been there, too. I can't say a thing about the price, though.

This thread is slowly being updated, about once or twice per month, but it is still worth reading : http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=14843

Right now me and a few others try to explain the differences between Gods and demons within the world of Aventuria.

And everything's in English. ;)

I like the map.
Search for it for a long time in internet but have no result.And here it is.

I was once featured on the official English-language TDE web site, which I think doesn't exist anymore.

Can you tell about main heroes, villains and important persons in TDE? Like Philleason?

You should reall read this thread for background information : http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=14843

Philleasson … is - like Rakorium and Archon Megalon - a truly legendary figure. Meeting them in a game would be like … meeting Drizzt or Elminster in (A)D&D.

The most dominent region is the "Middlerealms" where there happened a lot things in the past.

In th late 80s, Borbarad invaded Tobrien (don't know the English name for it … on the map it is the region around the "Tobrian Sea"), and of Emperor (German "Kaiser") Hal the magnificiant (he proclaimed himself even god-like status) … well, I think he didn't battle him (Borbarad), because Hal simpl disappeared at one point during a hunt in a wood, or so I understood it. His son, Brin, actually battled the Orcs who were invading the land - to what led to what you can see in the Northland Trilogy - and afterwards, he battled Borbarad.

And ally of Borbi, Galotta, killed Prince Brin with poison, so Princess Emer remained in the battle - she gave birth to two daughters and much later to a son. She survived the "Borbarad Invasion". Her children, too.

Another true legend defeated Borbarad at an immense battle, which was alled he Third Demon-Battle or so - read more abot it in the linked thread. This legend was Raidri Conchobair, legendairy Sword-Master, and always quick with impregnating women (yes, no joke !). He died within this immense battle.

Since then, the whole Middlerealm and connected realms have been trying to reach former glory.

The "Demon Crown" Borbi tried to use was destroyed, too, an is splinters - which had been "empowered" by immense powers of arch-demons - were snagged up by several allies of Borbi : Galotta (ex cour mage of the MIddle Realm, was heavily insulted by Nahema, another true legend), Xeraan, Rhazzazor (called "Rhazzi" by players, an undead dragon), Glorana (the Ice Queen high in the north), Dimiona, Count Helme Haffax, THE stretegist of the Middle-Realms, and the mysterious Scretchu. Pictures can be found here : http://www.wiki-aventurica.de/index.php/Heptarch

Xeraan "used" the so-called "Black Amazons", of which you can see several in both rakensang games. http://www.wiki-aventurica.de/index.php/Schwarze_Amazone

In the Year Of The Fire, Galotta tried to completely eradicate the capital of the Middlerealm, Gareth. He died in this attempt. His "tool" was a gigantic flat flying fortress (fans call it the "Death Star" sometimes) completely made of unholy materials.

Since these times, a try of the makers of TDE and Aventuria was to make the whole world a LOT darker, since this is - in my eyes, and this is completely my subjective point of view - fashion ight now ("dark & gritty"), and they wanted to create a "world or heroes" - which meant that he Middlerealm became so much weakened that heroes were of much more use then in earlier times.

This concept has provoked a small schism amiong the fans, with those who actually like and ove "Darkturia", and thoe who don't and want rather the fairy-tale aspect (whih others believe to be rather "childish) back, because this fairy-tale aspect was a rather unique aspect that let TDE stand out of other RPGs/settings.

As a last note : The Hetmann of Thorwal from "Blade Of Destiny", the ruler ther, so to say, has also become a "true legend". He isn't available anymore. I don't quite know wheher he is dead or what.

Besides : Borbarad had several incarnations during thousdands of years. In some cases he had taken the name of "Borbarad" then, too.
His brother is Rohal The Wise.

Last edited:
Intresting...

What books about Aventuria you recommend to read or have they translated those to English? What are THE books?

Uh, I don't think there have been novels translated at all. I just don't know.

Maybe it is better for you if you ask here : http://www.ulisses-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=54
These are the official TDE forums, and this particular section is for "Beginners".

People are of course capable of the English language there. :)

If you can ind it, you could try the 4th edition rule vbook, which has been translated. Apart from that -I just don't know. The people over there in the official forums should know it much better than I do - or ask in the above linked thread in the dtp forums. Xeledon appears to have a lot of knowledge regarding TDE, much more than I do.

Regarding TDE novels, THE book everyone agrees upon to be a "must-read" is "The Broken Wheel", German "Das Zerbrochene Rad", by Co-founder Ulrich Kiesow. It describes the Borbarad Invasion.
It has recently been released in a new edition as 2 books.
He wrote a few more TDE novels, which people regard to be at least as good.
Sadly he died shortly after finishing "Das Zerbrochene Rad" …

After some googling, only translated novels are Realms of Arkania and I'm not sure if they are game books or what.

Well, luckily I got few Dragonlance books still to read. But if you happen to find out about english TDE books, be sure to put them here.

Can you PM me a link to these translated books ? I'd like to know what they are. Thanks.

* Realms of Arkania: The Charlatan by Ulrich Kiesow, January 1996, ISBN 0-7615-0233-5 (Das Schwarze Auge: Der Scharlatan)
* Realms of Arkania: The Lioness by Ina Kramer, March 1996, ISBN 0-7615-0477-X (Das Schwarze Auge: Die Löwin von Neetha)
* Realms of Arkania: The Sacrifice by Ina Kramer, September 1996, ISBN 0-7615-0476-1 (Das Schwarze Auge: Thalionmels Opfer)
In http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye

Yes, these are earlier novels. You can buy them without too much thinking, as the authors were closely connected to the "founding" of Aventuria (Ulrich Kiesow was a Co-Founder, and Ina Kramer was an early illustrator and helped writing a lot of background books).
Of them, I have only read the first book.

"The Lioness" and "The Sacrifice" are about Talionmel, a holy figure of the Rondra church. These books are about her life.

Have you seen how Ulwine Neisbeck died ?

This was the work of a God.

It might have been Phex, or even rather Praios ... or perhaps Rondra, because Lighning and Thunder are her domains ...

This is part of what I like of Aventuria The Gods are there and they might even put their finders into what's going on there ...

Unlike in RL, the Gods don't necessarily need humans as tools to work out their wills ... They are capable of doing it themselves, if they wish to do so ...

Although ... I think I remember in TDE 3rd and 2nd editions it was easier for Aventurian Gods to intervene ... I think with the 4th edition they were scaled back a lot ... No more "Instant Miracle" ...

But still - yes, they "use" inhabitants of Aventuria as "tools", and these "tools" are primarily the holy people and sacred mambers of the churches ... But innocent ones can be "tools" as well ...

The term "tool" sounds a bit too harsh to me ... because this word kind of implies a technocratic kind of thinking. The Gods of Aventuria, however, do kind of care about their followers. They wouldn't sacrifice them without a proper reason. They might be like pawns on a chessfield, but they are still something special to the Gods of Aventuria I think ...

I used the voucher from the PE to order the novella series called "The Crystal Of Al'Zul" for a reduced price … I can only recommend it (I was reading the first book this evening) - especially for this reduced price - because several well-known persons from the game suddenly appear within the story … and no - I'm not giving it away … ;)

Books (from a reply of mine in the official forums) :

If you *really* want background, then you have 2 options :

The official clue book

Father Of The Floods , P & P background book

Other options are :

Eilif's Treasure, P & P solo adventure book

Hoard In The Depth, P&P group adventure book, probably a follow-up to "Eilif's Treasure"

Additionally :

Tie'Sienna - The Fall Of The High Elves tells more or less the events around Philleasson's Secret

Drakensang - The Cult Of The Golden Masks P & P group adventure book around the events of Drakensang 1, taking place in Avestrue, especially written for beginners with the TDE rule set

the official Drakensang 1 clue book

Everything not translated yet.

Back
Top Bottom