Final Fantasy XV - Releasing March 6th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamer Final Fantasy XV will release March 6th on PC. The Steam page is here.

After my hands-on at last year's Gamescom, I declared Final Fantasy 15's Windows Edition a sight to see in 4K, if you've got the PC to handle it. Now, publisher Square Enix has revealed the hardware you'll need to make this happen, and has announced when we'll visit Eon on desktop: March 6, 2018.

Back in October, FF15's minimum and recommended system specifications appeared on its Microsoft Store page, which Sam Horti rightly described as "surprisingly accessible". The game's 4K HDR specs are expectedly more demanding. Here's an overview:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 (3.6GHz and above), or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (3.6GHz and above)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Main memory: 16GB
Resolution: 4K(2160p)
Hard disc free space on SSD: Over 155GB

[...]

More information.

When I grow up I want to be Ryzen 1600x.

Graphical options can also be configured to support up to 8K.
O_O
Yeah... Not gonna happen here in next decade or so...
Till it does, just lemme drool over that hair.

155GB disk space, if you want to play it 4K.... Jesus Christ!!!

Played it in PS4, didn't care for the game one bit.

It is on my PS4 wishlist. What do you mean: you don't care for the PC release (because you have it on PS4) ORr the game isn't that good and you don't care for it at all (regardless of gaming system) ?

Can't get past the "boyband bros taking selfies in a convertible" vibe.

Tried getting into a lot of FF games but never got close to succeeding. My brother loves them, though.

hmmm, would the 4k version have higher resolution textures? or why does that one take more space :S

hmmm, would the 4k version have higher resolution textures? or why does that one take more space :S

That's all I can think of. Very high res textures take up a chunk of space, and I could imagine 4K for a large open world being that sort of size. I've actually heard devs saying that this is one of the reasons that high quality textures are not more regularly used - the necessary install size tends to upset people!

Played it in PS4, didn't care for the game one bit.
Believe it or not I don't care about the game either. It's possible I never play it past first few minutes, I mean all I can expect from console ex-exclusives is grind annoying neverdying trashmobs, checkpoints rubbish and irrelevant story.

Yet I'm definetly preordering it on PC. Don't care about it's price, I'll pay anything.
Have to "test" those hairworks on my GPU in front of my console junkie acquaintances.
Hopefully I won't get sick enough to record it and upload on YouTube.
the necessary install size tends to upset people!
Thanks to preinstallations, that depends on location.
Ask Corwin would he happily download something of that size from Steam.

That's all I can think of. Very high res textures take up a chunk of space, and I could imagine 4K for a large open world being that sort of size. I've actually heard devs saying that this is one of the reasons that high quality textures are not more regularly used - the necessary install size tends to upset people!

I guess even if you play in 1080p you could benefit from those textures in that case.

I guess even if you play in 1080p you could benefit from those textures in that case.

Texture and screen resolution are separate, so you would definitely benefit from higher resolution textures no matter what.

For Fallout 4 - install size is doubled with the optional high-res texture pack.

Might be fun to buy this just to check out all the graphics stuff like Joxer, unfortunatly I heard the story sucks, which is the reason for me to play FF games.

I quite enjoyed it until I took a hiatus/break around two thirds of the way through (was waiting for promised story/update patch). I'll be honest, I haven't gone back to it, but I kinda want to - it is just that they keep promising *more* updates, so I put it off.

The game has plenty of issues - the story is fairly random/incoherent, although it helps if you've watched the Kingsglaive movie beforehand, and/or watched the Brotherhood series. However, this doesn't really fix the somewhat random events that occur in-game.

Having said that, though, I had fun exploring the world. It didn't seem "too big" (a problem I have with many more open games) and the combat was better than I dared expect. It wasn't completely streamlined, which was nice - I found dungeons which were waaaay to high level for me, and I had to run away ;) Similarly, finding bosses in the landscape was cool. There weren't enough proper side-quests though - mostly just hunts and things. Some of these were more elaborate though, and made for cool content.

Ultimately the game suffers from not feeling very "urgent", despite the events going on. It's like the guys are on vacation whilst the world is at war - quite disconcerting.

I can absolutely understand how people can bounce off from it, but on the other hand, I really enjoyed my 40 hr or so with it (guess-timate) and I *do* look forward to finishing it in due course. If only there weren't so many other cool games around!

Side note - if you want to play just one action-y JRPG game right now, go for Ys 8 - Lacrimosa of Dana. It's a wonderfuly fun game, and well worth anyone's time.

Wait, they drive around in a convertible in a world called Eos!? Was that luck or product placement? I hope it isn't the latter because VW stopped making the Eos.
Till it does, just lemme drool over that hair.
Well, better them than me.

Wait, they drive around in a convertible in a world called Eos!? Was that luck or product placement? I hope it isn't the latter because VW stopped making the Eos.

It's also a camera, perfect for convertible selfies.

It is also the name of the first planet you settle in Mass Effect Andromeda except I wouldn't drive a convertible on that planet.

I think the name selection has more to do with Eos being the Greek goddess of dawn…

the story is fairly random/incoherent, although it helps if you've watched the Kingsglaive movie beforehand, and/or watched the Brotherhood series. However, this doesn't really fix the somewhat random events that occur in-game.

Side note - if you want to play just one action-y JRPG game right now, go for Ys 8 - Lacrimosa of Dana. It's a wonderfuly fun game, and well worth anyone's time.
1. Where to watch.

2. Ys 7 is checkpoints endless respawns grinder with almost no story. If Ys 8 is the same consoley gameplay matters only bullshit, it can rot for all I care.

And somewhat bad news:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/final...ll-have-retailer-exclusive-pre-order-bonuses/
The Windows Store version of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will feature the FFXV Powerup Pack (which will contain items designed to power up your performance in combat) whereas the Steam version will feature FFXV Fashion Collection (which will contain a selection of outfits for the prince and his pals). On the other hand, the Origin version will feature FFXV Decal Selection (which will contain an array of cool and colorful decals for the Regalia).
As you can see, the most useful pack is the Powerup pack which will be exclusive to the Windows Store version
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom