The TV Series discussion thread

Noted it on my list as potentially good, hopefully it's not standard Hollywood's humor I don't find funny.

I wouldn't worry about that. :biggrin:

Just knew it.

In some sort of development/filming hell for like eternity, Hill/Rodriguez masterpiece Locke&Key (I have all 6 collections - hardcover ofc) is switching cast over and over - not standing for the original vision!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locke_&_Key_(TV_series)#Casting
The original comic dared to present siblings in a way you do believe they came from same parents. Flashbacks in past also show recognizable faces of ancestors.
Yet the upcoming TV show on the other hand is shuffling actors that are as different as face and butt. Okay I guess some people's faces do look like butt, but diversifying actual live cast is idiotic. And an insult to the source.

Don't tell me to calm my tits. I know I should, but can't. If I hear Hill and Rodriguez won't cameo paramedics (easteregg in the comic), I'm not gonna watch this upcoming Netflix' turd.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode of After Life. I enjoyed it much more than expected. Really a pretty good first episode of a "dramedy", with a strong streak of dark humour.

I think this series has potential. I was a fan of the orginal brittish office. The series has a bit of similar vibe. Like office, it has heart and it makes you laugh. I coudn't ask more. Ricky Gervais is really in his element once again. :)

I just came to watch FlashForward.
Pity they cancelled it … so much suspense in there. I was really astonished at just how much I love that show…

Watched True Detective season 3 through in a week. Now that is what I call great tv. I thought the ending was quite satisfying and so clever how the story unfolded. I'm glad I didn't read anything about this season beforehand. Which is why I won't say much here since I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone.

Although season 1 remains on the highest podium for me, season 3 stands strong on it's own feet. It was such a touching and humane story on so many levels. Really strong character driven drama coupled with suberb acting. Even if season 1 sinister mystery story felt a slightly more gripping to follow, I think season 3 acting took it up a notch. My favourite leads of all seasons. I really cared about their fate. Man what an acting talent they were, from leads to supporting actors. I just can't fault their performance one bit. 5/5.

I quite agree about True Detective, the more I thought about the third series the stronger I believe it was. Great acting certainly didn't hurt, and I found it almost equal to the very first series.

Finally got around to Valley of the Boom. It claims to be mostly true, well as someone who was there and who's friend was netscape employee number 13 (so before it was called Netscape) episode one is so far from what happened it is insulting to people who were there.
No more for me!

I tried to watch Valley of the Boom, but I gave up after two episodes. I wasn't there personally to see what occurred, but the two shows that I watched just seemed messy and contrived.

As I continue my Game of Thrones marathon leading up to the final series, I believe the next show I'll re-watch will be Deadwood. With the movie coming out soon, the timing seems right. I've not watched the show in almost ten years, so I'm really looking forward to it. At this point the re-watching of the Game of Thrones show is more of a chore than a delight, I truly prefer the novels.

Please some details what is it about.

<i>Deadwood is an American Western television series that aired on the premium cable network HBO from March 21, 2004, to August 27, 2006, spanning three seasons and 36 episodes. The series is set in the 1870s in Deadwood, South Dakota, before and after the area's annexation by the Dakota Territory, and charts Deadwood's growth from camp to town. The show was created, produced, and largely written by David Milch.[1] Deadwood features a large ensemble cast headed by Timothy Olyphant and Ian McShane, playing the real-life Deadwood residents Seth Bullock and Al Swearengen, respectively. Many other historical figures appear as characters, including George Crook, Wyatt Earp, E. B. Farnum, George Hearst, Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane, Jack McCall, and Charlie Utter. The plot lines involving these characters include historical truths as well as substantial fictional elements. Milch used actual diaries and newspapers from 1870s Deadwood residents as reference points for characters, events, and the look and feel of the show. </i>

One of my bucket list shows, in that Ian McShane is one of my favorite actors

It is totally worth watching, as long as you can stomach shows that don't feature computers or mobiles in them. If good characters and strong stories are to your liking, Deadwood should satisfy. They do play a little loosely with some factual history, but then again it was never meant to be a documentary.

Actually, I adore shows without phones. And without mushrooms. I mean, was that even a question? :D

And I hate history genre that pretends to be history when it actually isn't. When it's obviously not "based on true events" only using some historical setting for a juicy fiction, I love it.

Assuming the series doesn't boast it's 100% true to facts from "winners write history" biased materials, bring it in!

At 1st of april, but of course, cw will continue the craziest show they've ever had:

Seems the insanity goes even higher. Cannot wait.

I watched Kevin Hart - Irresponsible. It's a very mixed bag, and we nearly gave up in the early part, but I'm glad we didn't. He is very talented, and when he hits the mark he does it well. There are a couple of excellent bits.

I watched Kevin Hart - Irresponsible. It's a very mixed bag, and we nearly gave up in the early part, but I'm glad we didn't. He is very talented, and when he hits the mark he does it well. There are a couple of excellent bits.

If you have Netflix, check out Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers. It's one of the funniest stand up acts I've seen in awhile. Jeselnik isn't your typical American comic.

If you have Netflix, check out Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers. It's one of the funniest stand up acts I've seen in awhile. Jeselnik isn't your typical American comic.

Just checked it out - thought it was very good. I like dark humour anyway, and I particularly like that style of stand up that really messes with the audience.

Back
Top Bottom