Gothic 3 I did it, i lost it.

mute

Sentinel
I have since friday been playing at normal difficulty. Now I had to reset it to easy. I have been killed by goblins shaman so many times now that i started thinking of giving up on the game, to really quit playing. But before i stopped i thought that i should reset it to easy.

My wondering right know, if this is easy, and normal was as difficulty as it was how on earth IS it on hard?

What have you spent your learning points on? IMO short weapons are seriously underpowered; unless you're extremely good at twitch things get very frustrating with them, at least reasonably early on in the game. If you put everything in large weapons as soon as you can, things go much more smoothly.

My problem right know isn't really defeating enemys. I am profficient in booth swords, axe and crossbows! :) But i am on a quest right know where i am to fight through hords of enemy. And even if i usually can kill golems, sabertooth and stuff, i am having troble with goblin shaman. (hate them truly). And in my quest i am doing right know i think i have stacked up to 72 steaks (just this quest alone) and alot and lots of goblins. Trouble is still that when you got knocked over your dead.

I usually start to get bored with "tactics" when you see the next eneymy group within feets of the last. It really is a click feast. Lowered the difficulty mostly cause i wanted to wade through the enemy hordes the game throughs at me.

I started to get so frustrated earlier today that i removed the game from my harddrive and took a walk with my dog. Now that was pretty rash, but... my save games are still here! Haha :)

Well, the good thing is that the quest doens't belong to the MQ. But the MQ will lead through this path anyway. But you can always run.

I am level 30 right know.

Oh, and when i lowered the difficiulty, the game got really really easy. Its too easy killing something. Saber tooth is 2-3 blows than its history. Golem didn't fought back at all.

Last edited:
And my frustration over that i couldn't get 5.1 work was also a thing i had with the game.

... and now i found that a CABLE got loose from the computer. How stupid of me.

Well, soon g3 is reinstalled and i have cooled off... :)

The goblin shamans are a pain in the ass regardless of difficulty. Their homing fire missile(fire ball) does incredible damage, only way to really counter that is to have insane amounts of hitpoints. Undead high priests, goblin shamans, such casters are the most difficult in the game imho. In fact, the difficulty setting doesn't really matter a whole lot - the hard creatures get harder, the rest are still fairly easy to beat.

I am guessing you have gotten good Fire and Magic protection builtup?
Or are the Amulets and Rings protection not working correctly as the Armor, yet due to bugs or unfinished programming?
I am not that far yet as I have restarted for other reasons. ;)

Btw you can just set your Difficulty on the Fly if you want to give Easy a try, correct?

Yes, the enemy doesn't do less damage when you change difficulties, but they are slower and have "fewer" hitpoints - or if its me doing more damage.

You can change on the fly.

I have only 10% of fire protection, so thats one part that could be better. I think if i were a more magic dude this problem would be lesser with fireballs. But in good Gothic spirit i have tried to focus my skillpoint. Perhaps i could have venture into magic, or thinkning of it more than i have.

Don't think this is a bug. For me if its an error at gothic its either a desgin descision or a playbalance issue. Perhaps i am to low level, or perhaps the desginer was aiming for a ridicolus dificult path.

Its not a showstopper... if you don't get frustrated that is... :)

Well if you get a second FIre ring 10% and an Fire Amulet 20% that gives you a boost to 40% Fire restance and you wouldn't need change foucs to Fireballs unless you wanted.
Also isn't there a Perk that gives Natural Fire resistance, though I am not far enough to know where to get it, just seems I saw the blank in the charater sheet.

That is Resistance to Heat - as in the heat from the sun in the desert, not fire spells.

Spells in general are extremely powerful in this game, and the most difficult thing about fighting undead, orcs, goblins or hashishin is to get to their casters near the back(shamans, priests and black mages).

Still, without them it would be too easy to beat the abovementioned creatures in my opinion. Maybe they should balance it out to make warriors stronger and casters weaker, but I actually like the idea of magicians being very powerful - too many games have gimped magic which is more for show than actually use.

"That is Resistance to Heat - as in the heat from the sun in the desert, not fire spells."
It maybe bugged or broken but mine says specificly "and recieves an armor bouns against Fire damage."

Back
Top Bottom