XCOM 2 - Another Expansion Coming?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamewatcher reports that XCOM 2 could be getting another expansion.

Fans have spotted that Firaxis seem working on something within XCOM 2, and going by Steam Database they've opened a new DLC entry for the game - suggesting a new expansion for XCOM 2 similar to War of the Chosen may be on the way.

There has been a lot of activity around XCOM 2 within Steam, which suggests that Firaxis are preparing something major for the game.

Fans have also noticed that a new DLC entry for XCOM 2 has appeared on Steam, although that hasn't been updated in a couple of months - but then it's not out yet, so it wouldn't be.
[...]
More information.

Now that's good news. I wasn't expecting that :)

Sounds like nothing for now but I wouldn't mind another expansion…

We wouldn't, @Pladio;, we wouldn't...

Hopefully that campaign is LW2 support for latest game, anything else would be worse.

Chosen war wasn't bad, just... didn't make a lot of sense when they already had the Alien Hunters DLC. But the propaganda posters more than made the expansion worth it to me.

I'd like new maps, bigger squads, maybe another tech tree... Or LW2 support so that we can do it ourselves.

Hope they got inspired by pheonix point, adding more neutral and possibility hostile factions.

Hope they got inspired by pheonix point, adding more neutral and possibility hostile factions.
And a proper inventory system. And removal of terrible alien pod system. And many other needed fixes and improvements.

And a proper inventory system. And removal of terrible alien pod system. And many other needed fixes and improvements.

But Phoenix Point will have a pod system too, right? From the videos I saw, I have the *impression* the game will have some sort of pod system, but I may be mistaken.

Last edited:
But Phoenix Point will have a pod system too, right? From the videos I saw, I have the *impression* the game will have some sort of pod system, but I may be mistaken.
No, their aliens will work like in UFO 1994.

I didn't mind the pod system… More realistic… why would the enemy walk around as a single unit? Or is it something else other than size that makes people not like the pod system?
Everything about it was bad.
But when people bash it they mostly talk about how aliens walked out of cover and got a free move when discovered.
Also how they completely ignore the happenings on the map until the magical moment you saw them (Long war 2 fixed this a bit with aliens having two states and alert state happening with any sight of dead bodies and any sound of combat).

The end result was that you needed to move square by square, always have your first move in a round be the one that moves farthest and everyone else behind that soldier.
It punished and kind of flanking maneuvers because those would just activate new enemy groups that would get a free move to get into flanking positions and murder your soldiers on their turn.

Back
Top Bottom