Kingmaker - Free Arcane Unleashed DLC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Worthplaying Pathfinder: Kingmaker is set to get new free DLC called 'Arcane Unleashed'.

Because there is no such thing as Too Much Magic, Owlcat Games and Deep Silver today released its latest free DLC "Arcane Unleashed" for their critically acclaimed RPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Wrapped up within this free DLC is something for everyone!

Explorers of The Stolen Lands can ramp-up their magical arsenal with the following new spells:

1. Create Pit
  2. Spiked Pit
  3. Acid Pit
  4. Hungry Pit
  5. Rift of Ruin
  6. Battering Blast
An arcane scroll merchant will appear in your capital. The quantity and caster level of available scrolls depends on how high your "Arcane" kingdom stat is.

But wait, that's not all! If you like turning into giant dragons as much as we believe, you'll definitely enjoy the fresh, improved models for chromatic and metallic types of these formidable creatures.

Finally, the last part of this DLC is a new pet. Oleg Shpilchevsky, Head Of Owlcat Games says "One of our players, long term community contributor, and our friend lost his beloved cat "Tiger" just weeks before the launch of our game. As a token of our eternal gratitude for everything he contributed to the creation of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, we've recreated. "Tiger" in the game so that he may roam with his human friend(s) once more - if only in the Stolen Lands," he added.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

After astonishing 326 hours of gameplay (which includes one suspended playthrough) Im finally nearing the end for first time. This is the game I was waiting for, since Baldurs Gate 2. This is the experience I hoped to get from all those Neverwinter Nights, Temples of Elemental Evil, Pools of Radiance, Pillars of Eternity, ... and it was never there. Always was something important missing. Didnt expect it will happen after all those years, but here it is. Its not perfect, there are quirks, some nonsense and still some bugs, but that cant spoil overall experience, by far.

After astonishing 326 hours of gameplay (which includes one suspended playthrough) Im finally nearing the end for first time. This is the game I was waiting for, since Baldurs Gate 2. This is the experience I hoped to get from all those Neverwinter Nights, Temples of Elemental Evil, Pools of Radiance, Pillars of Eternity, … and it was never there. Always was something important missing. Didnt expect it will happen after all those years, but here it is. Its not perfect, there are quirks, some nonsense and still some bugs, but that cant spoil overall experience, by far.

That is good to read.

Based in part on the review from this site RPGWatch from a few weeks ago, I decided to purchase this game and so far after 25 hours I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I would say it's similar to the mostly-enjoyment I felt so far at this point in Pillars of Eternity 2, and I'm hoping that my interest won't wane in Kingmaker as it did in Pillars 2 (although I did finish it; Pillars 1 which was only so-so to me and then became un-fun and I couldn't finish it).

After astonishing 326 hours of gameplay (which includes one suspended playthrough) Im finally nearing the end for first time. This is the game I was waiting for, since Baldurs Gate 2. This is the experience I hoped to get from all those Neverwinter Nights, Temples of Elemental Evil, Pools of Radiance, Pillars of Eternity, … and it was never there. Always was something important missing. Didnt expect it will happen after all those years, but here it is. Its not perfect, there are quirks, some nonsense and still some bugs, but that cant spoil overall experience, by far.

I don't know. I've gotten a lot of play out of Neverwinter Nights and Temple of Elemental Evil. Kingmaker is also a great game and will do a last play thru when the final DLC is released this summer.

For me, NWN provided me with heaps of fun (hall of fame modules) but not BG2 like experience - Kingmaker is the only one that truly felt like a spiritual successor :)

for those who played.... is there a mod or something to stop the timed quests?

for those who played…. is there a mod or something to stop the timed quests?
No someone tried but it messes up the game.

Only option is the cheat mod or a trainer.

for those who played…. is there a mod or something to stop the timed quests?

I suggest to try force yourself in state of mind where you will be fine with the fact that not all events or research will be solved or even addressed. Not easy feat for RPG completionist, I know :)

But if you manage to learn how distinguish important from less important (not always clearly communicated by game, but paying attention helps a lot), there is more then enough time to explore whole map and still end up with fat time reserve on main timed quests.

Yes, also remember that the timed quests are tied to choices & consequences as well :) I would heartily recommend everyone play it without mods.

Make sure you address companion quests and those with "urgent" tone done as soon as you can - that being said, it's not like the timer expires within a few (in game) days, usually timers are quite generous.

Back
Top Bottom