Arcania - Steam Unlocked For US?

Can't speak for Steam, but I know that in the US it has unlocked for Direct2Drive! Yay! I've already played beyond the demo area!

Can't speak for Steam, but I know that in the US it has unlocked for Direct2Drive! Yay! I've already played beyond the demo area!

Its back up at GamersGate as well. Im from the US and got it off GamersGate last Monday. Ive been playing all week! They took it off for a few days right after I bought it and now its back up...

Man, retailers are walking all over JoWood release dates.

Yes, it is unlocked in Steam. They also seem to be selling it in a bundle with the first 3 games in the series for $60. Not a bad deal.

Hmm shows as full retail price for me in the US. :( In what country are you?
There's a full retail ($50) and a package with all four games for $60. There's also a strategy guide, which must be quite a laugh given how easy the game appears to be. All in the USA.

Playing it now - got it via Steam. So far the game is interesting enough to hold me even with Fallout staring me in the face next week.

So is the world beyond the demo "hemmed in" or can you free roam reasonably sized areas?

What I am finding is that there are several paths to follow, but you are constrained in how you get around by natural boundaries, invisible" walls, and quest requirements. For instance, you MUST follow a winding path up a mountain instead of zig-zag jumping/climbing to get there.

I think there are reasonable open areas within these "boxes", but it is no free-for-all.

I'm having a good time because I'm not holding this one up to the Gothic standard. I think it is a somewhat fun 3-D adventure with nice loot and references to our old characters.

Back
Top Bottom