Dragon Age: Inquisition - Editorial @ Eurogamer

Those who don't think exactly like me are all haters?

I believe that is the popular definition of hater :(

Hoping Inquisition is better than da2. I played through it 1x and tried other playthroughs but I was too disgusted to really get into it any more

I believe that is the popular definition of hater :(
And fanboys..if the opinion in question comes from a, hold on to your hats now…hater ;)

Whoever said "horrid", pinpointed the best description of DA2.

It was close to FO:BoS fate, luckily marketing did the trick so sales didn't fail miserably.
I'm sure EA won't risk with the third game, better safe than sorry, which means the third game will be as close to DA:O as possible.

That's a poor comparison. Dark Souls wasn't a sequel to an extremely successful and popular RPG. DA2 was, and it was very different from its predecessor in a way that many fans didn't like.

For someone who claimed not to have played the game (later modified to played doesn't mean played; rather, played means completed), you seem to have pretty complete opinions about the game (but then again, who knows what "very different" might mean in your lexicon :S)

__

DA2 was different to DA:O in many different ways.

Art direction, more tactical combat vs wave combat, completely different protagonist, story (whatever happened to Grey Wardens vs Dark Spawn and Archdemon, all of sudden we get this mage vs templar business), completely different personality of companions who returns from DA:O etc etc. Yes, I know Ander's dramatic change in personality was explained but you still can't deny that he was 2 completely different person. Also, no different consequence depending your action really killed it for me (in comparison to DA:O).

DA2 was different to DA:O in many different ways.

Art direction, more tactical combat vs wave combat, completely different protagonist, story (whatever happened to Grey Wardens vs Dark Spawn and Archdemon, all of sudden we get this mage vs templar business), completely different personality of companions who returns from DA:O etc etc. Yes, I know Ander's dramatic change in personality was explained but you still can't deny that he was 2 completely different person. Also, no different consequence depending your action really killed it for me (in comparison to DA:O).

I agree with your assessment. And despite all the BW hoopla for DA:I my attitude is I'll believe it when I see it given all of BW's unfulfilled promises in DA2 and ME3.

Would be nice to be pleasantly surprised this time around but if so it will indeed be a surprise…

__

For someone who claimed not to have played the game (later modified to played doesn't mean played; rather, played means completed), you seem to have pretty complete opinions about the game (but then again, who knows what "very different" might mean in your lexicon :S)

Ah, so this is where you tell me what I meant because you know better than myself? Thanks for putting a smile on my face today. Your username fits you well.

Feel free to search the old DA2 threads and I'm sure you can find comments of mine from when it was released. I recall several lengthy discussions regarding the change in style from DA:O to DA2 some of us had immediately after we played the demo.

Ah, so this is where you tell me what I meant because you know better than myself? Thanks for putting a smile on my face today. Your username fits you well.

Feel free to search the old DA2 threads and I'm sure you can find comments of mine from when it was released. I recall several lengthy discussions regarding the change in style from DA:O to DA2 some of us had immediately after we played the demo.

I've really no idea what meanings you ascribe to anything as your word meanings apparently are idiosyncratic. And uh… I'm really impressed that you played (whatever you meant by "played" in this instance) the DA2 demo. That really cleared everything up.

Oh, and you were so clever to make fun of my username. Reminded me of being in elementary school again (or was that kindergarten?). Whatever; you're really creative and smart and impressive.

__

Last edited:
I've really no idea what meanings you ascribe to anything as your word meanings apparently are idiosyncratic. And uh… I'm really impressed that you played (whatever you meant by "played" in this instance) the DA2 demo. That really cleared everything up.

I suppose I should feel privileged that you've decided to troll me today. :)

What don't you understand exactly about me having played it? Or do you just not like my particular opinion of the game? Or…wait, let me guess… the demo didn't represent DA2 because the full game was drastically different, right?

I eagerly await the forthcoming nonsensical ramble that I've come to expect from you.

Well it looks like this thread is full of similar rants as every other dragon age thread. So let me add mine :) Sure DA2 is not the worst game out there. but for me da2 belongs to same category as Deus Ex 2: the invicible war, splinter cell: double agent and Gothic 4: Arcania. And that category is called: "The most dissapointing videogame sequels ever"

I suppose I should feel privileged that you've decided to troll me today. :)

What don't you understand exactly about me having played it? Or do you just not like my particular opinion of the game? Or…wait, let me guess… the demo didn't represent DA2 because the full game was drastically different, right?

I eagerly await the forthcoming nonsensical ramble that I've come to expect from you.

I'll leave the nonsensical rambling to you. And the name calling. And the oh-so-brilliant put downs. You 'da man!!

__

Alright RPGFool & JDR13 enough you two. I'm afraid if you can't solve your little squabble I will have to……provide pistols for the duel.:slap:

Seriously guys agree to disagree and spare us four pages of bickering.^^

Alright RPGFool & JDR13 enough you two. I'm afraid if you can't solve your little squabble I will have to……provide pistols for the duel.:slap:

I support Couchpotatos's proposition! A noble duel between these gentlemen would solve this argument perfectly. Here is an instruction video about the subject.

But Couch, without the 4 pages of bickering most thread would die before page 2.;)

Oh and the duel does sound interesting. No deaths of course, maybe just aim for toes.:biggrin:

No worries.. there are few people who could entertain me that long and he certainly isn't one of them. :)

Sure DA2 is not the worst game out there. but for me da2 belongs to same category as Deus Ex 2: the invicible war, splinter cell: double agent and Gothic 4: Arcania. And that category is called: "The most dissapointing videogame sequels ever"

I think that's a pretty good analogy. DX: Invisible War was an "ok" game on its own, but it was hugely disappointing compared to Deus Ex. Same thing with Arcania, although I still get pissed off when people refer to it as Gothic 4. :D

I just wanted to point out I found the duelling video hilarious.

That is all.

Back
Top Bottom