Pricewatch!

Painkiller: Black edition is on sale for only $2 on steam right now for Halloween, 80% off (normal price of $10) This sale will end in around 12-13 hours as of the time this is posted, so grab it now if you are a first person shooter fan and never played it! I just picked it up because I played this game back when it was new, and loved it.

I like that they put it on sale for Halloween, lol, that is very appropriate considering the games content. (a frantic first person shooter, fighting hordes of monsters, and the monster variety is especially good in this one, tons of cool different types of monsters and bosses to fight)

I like that they put it on sale for Halloween, lol, that is very appropriate considering the games content. (a frantic first person shooter, fighting hordes of monsters, and the monster variety is especially good in this one, tons of cool different types of monsters and bosses to fight)

I thought variety was one of the weakest aspects of Painkiller. It seemed like I was fighting the same handful of monster types over and over again. Not a bad game though especially at that price.

Painkiller: Black Edition is also on GoG for £1.59 now. I also remember that it had quite a good variety of settings and enemies in the game - brilliant stuff.

I would also recommend Overdose - huge bosses and new setting. It is also on sale in GoG for £0.99.

Eh? I thought the opposite, at least in comparison to Doom, Quske, and Half-life back in the day.

Those games aren't from the same era though. Painkiller wasn't released until 2004.

I thought it was ok. The visuals were good for its time, but it was too repetitive for me. I think one reason is because, by then, shooters had started to evolve past just shoot, kill, repeat, and I wanted something more in terms of a story/plot.

Elex for £9 or $11 dollars!!!! This is legal and you need twitch app and amazon/twitch prime.

This is not steam or gog key.

You need to log in yo tour twitch prime account to see the reduce price.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/ELEX/details

sUXcEMh.png

More info,

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/78pmho/twitch_elex_for_less_than_12/

Does this still exist? I don't personally have Amazon Prime, but my GF does. Perhaps I can convince her to log into her account while I use my payment information. To me that's a steal, but I'm not sure where the download source is (and for that matter, how would the game receive updates?).

Does this still exist? I don't personally have Amazon Prime, but my GF does. Perhaps I can convince her to log into her account while I use my payment information. To me that's a steal, but I'm not sure where the download source is (and for that matter, how would the game receive updates?).

Unfortunately no, its back to $60 :(

CDKeys has Elex for 30$ or so. At least that was the price yesterday.

Those games aren't from the same era though. Painkiller wasn't released until 2004.

I thought it was ok. The visuals were good for its time, but it was too repetitive for me. I think one reason is because, by then, shooters had started to evolve past just shoot, kill, repeat, and I wanted something more in terms of a story/plot.

Yeah, I was comparing the games I had played up until that time. I agree the game play is simple. In a Serious Sam sort of style. Never did find much better though until later when shooter gameplay evolved to include RPG, sneaking, multiplayer, etc... elements.

30 euro you mean? its showing 37 dollars.

Yeah, that's what it's showing for me as well, but that's a great deal for ELEX.

Also, the new Wolfenstein for $35 and Prey for $20.

Yeah, I was comparing the games I had played up until that time. I agree the game play is simple. In a Serious Sam sort of style. Never did find much better though until later when shooter gameplay evolved to include RPG, sneaking, multiplayer, etc… elements.

Yeah, they did try to ape Serious Sam. There were shooters released that same year that I thought were better. Far Cry, The Chronicles of Riddick, Half-Life 2, etc. Though to be fair, those aren't pure shooters in the same style.

I agree those are more varied. I like them about as much. For me the attraction of Painkiller was dealing with large swarms of monsters. Much more a reflex challenge than anything else. I doubt I could do it now....

CDKeys has Elex for 30$ or so. At least that was the price yesterday.

Interesting. I wonder how credible CDKeys is as a source. I've never been there before today. Aside from GoG and Steam, the only other place I've purchased a key was from GreenManGaming, and that was a few years back.

Interesting. I wonder how credible CDKeys is as a source. I've never been there before today. Aside from GoG and Steam, the only other place I've purchased a key was from GreenManGaming, and that was a few years back.

Opinions vary, but CDKeys has been around for years, and several members here, myself included, have purchased from them without issue.

Opinions vary, but CDKeys has been around for years, and several members here, myself included, have purchased from them without issue.

Fascinating. I'll take your word for it, then (anywhere else and I might still find it questionable). I see $37 as a pretty fair deal - almost a 23% discount just two weeks after it released!

Fascinating. I'll take your word for it, then (anywhere else and I might still find it questionable). I see $37 as a pretty fair deal - almost a 23% discount just two weeks after it released!

Wolfenstein is even more heavily discounted despite being released just last week. I'll probably grab that from there in the next few days.

I have bought many stuff from them without any issues however see Kordanor post above.

They are whats called a "grey key seller" and not authorized by the publisher. They mostly buy keys from cheaper regions and sells them on. Some argue they buy keys from stolen credit cards but that's highly unlikely given how long they have been in business for.

Interesting offer for UK people only…

Assassins Creed: Origins (PC) FREE when you buy a Samsung SSD!

The cheapest qualifying SSD is about £87 which is 250GB. The cheapest PC price for ACO is £40, so if you are after both, then its cracking offer!

https://assassins-creed-origins-redeem.ubi.com/login
http://images.samsung.com/is/conten...eed_origins/assasins-creed-origins-tandcs.pdf

Just to update this, you get the game free with certain Seagate Hard Disk Drives too.

The Seagate offer is open to Canda so may be US as well.

https://www.ncix.com/search/?q=SeagateACO&22

https://www.ebuyer.com/seagate/assassinscreed

Back
Top Bottom