Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Screenshot

Looks pretty much like Baldur's Gate with a jacked-up text box. Hope they include the ability to zoom, as they said they would. Haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

Not a fan of the "marble blue" color. I could get used to it, but maybe they will put a way to customize that color to players taste, maybe even a DLC pack or something. I think the original brownish-gray "stone" look was better, in any case this blue is an eyesore.

You're going to pay $40 for two "enhanced" versions of a 15 year old game? It makes you ripped off.

Maybe, but I've paid much more for other games i didn't end up liking and played only 4-5 hours.

I will put well over 100 hours in to this with multiple play throughs and if they put out additional content I will gobble that up also. I'm buying both because the saves are cross platform so I can continue my game where ever I am.

I've felt ripped off by a number of games but BG will never be one of them. Original, modded or enhanced.

sakichop, I believe by PC elitist he ment all of us who enjoyed elite on PC 20+ years ago. ;)

I guess I'm not an elitist then that would never have run on my Aquarius. :)Although I did have a giant book of games coded in basic that I could type in and save to cassette tape. Of course the tape was corrupted 90% of the time and I spent more time typing the code in every time than actually playing games.

http://http://oldcomputers.net/aquarius.html

I like how the font is so big you can't see two lines of text in the text window. Total class, there.

:p

Meh. I'm not inclined to play it; I've got enough other stuff calling out for my time. But I hope it succeeds -- it's easy for us old-timers to forget that there's an entire generation of gamers who were too young to play BG when it first came out on the PC. They won't go through the bother of retro-gaming it now, but they might well pick up an enhanced version for their tablet. I don't begrudge them the chance to play a classic. Maybe they'll learn something about what's missing from contemporary AAA CRPGs.

Meh. I'm not inclined to play it; I've got enough other stuff calling out for my time. But I hope it succeeds — it's easy for us old-timers to forget that there's an entire generation of gamers who were too young to play BG when it first came out on the PC. They won't go through the bother of retro-gaming it now, but they might well pick up an enhanced version for their tablet. I don't begrudge them the chance to play a classic. Maybe they'll learn something about what's missing from contemporary AAA CRPGs.

Nicely put - I second that comment
Although if they ever make it cheap (cost) enough, I will get the enhanced version.

For me the site does not load. Anybody else with this problem?

I'm buying both because the saves are cross platform so I can continue my game where ever I am.

I've felt ripped off by a number of games but BG will never be one of them. Original, modded or enhanced.
I hope you get your money's worth. Personally I think it's criminal that they don't give the customer the game on all platforms for one price (the lower one), especially since it's cross platform like you say.

Couldn't they have upgraded the character graphics? I'd buy it for $40 if they did. ( I don't mean the portraits )

Couldn't they have upgraded the character graphics? I'd buy it for $40 if they did. ( I don't mean the portraits )

Afaik that wouldn't be possible without the original art assets that were lost. They would have to rebuild them entirely.

Alternative: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/20730-baldurs-gate-ui-screenshot-is-underwhelming/

Adds to my former impression of the project. Had hoped for more.

I don't see anything at that link besides a smaller version of the screenshot and someone's opinion. Is there supposed to be more?

That would probably take a year more.. probably not in the budget.

I really dislike the blue UI frame, even to the degree that it's a bit distracting, it should blend in with the other UI elements (buttons etc), that would look a lot better. But whatever..

I don't see anything at that link besides a smaller version of the screenshot and someone's opinion. Is there supposed to be more?
Nope. The original link doesn't work for me, the same for stealth (404). So I dropped a link to an alternative Website.

Back
Top Bottom