Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Some Reviews

Good points FizzyShellfish. Though I don't think the game would sell well if they actually used Greek or Norse instead of using English actors with fake accents.

Don't get me wrong it would be a nice touch and it's been done in movies before.

Like a german acting Uthred with a fake Danish accent ;) He did an OK job though.
I only watched the first season as it was canceled on Cable TV. I remember Netflix bought the show but I have no clue it they will finish the entire book series to TV.

Anyway I prefer reading the books.

Thanks for the info, all of ya. :)

Might be a little to action-y for me, but I also might give it a chance. Weirdly I loved the combat system in Skyrim but Witcher 3, not so much.

Come on don't any of you read books nowadays? The Tv show is called Last Kingdom based on the novels by Bernard Cornwell about the history of Anglo-Saxon England.

It's actually set in the same period of this game with the viking invasions. Also the lead character is called Uhtred of Bebbanburg a Saxon prince born in Northumbria.

Not the same Uhtred in Assassin's Creed Valhalla though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am not that far yet in AC:V so don't spoil it ;) (my fault, though) I meant the Last Kingdom. I thought he did a great job in voice acting but could still hear the fakeness in his voice. Scandinavians do not speak English like that…

Anyway, I am enjoying AC:V a lot. If it is an RPG, though, we live in a world where labeling went wrong (as @Couchpotato; says in another thread). I think what we need is a Linnaeus of gaming to taxonomize game names or then we old farts just have to accept the changed use of the "RPG" term…

Untitled Goose Game is an RPG and you're an old fart if you disagree!!!111

If the games is supposed to (partly) take place in Scandinavia, I have two issues, based on a screenshot(?) on Ubisoft.
491495eaa1d61af4780-23224602-acv-norwayiconic-male-1588257040528.jpg

1. Vikings lived in the southern part of Norway and Sweden (and Denmark). Northern lights aren't usually visible at those latitudes, you have to go much farther north to see it regularly.
  2. Stave churches weren't there in the viking period.

For these reason, I won't buy the game.

a pibbur who has caught himself lying. Actually he would buy the game. If he was interested in a viking setting. But he's not. Interested. In the vikings.

I won't disagree with the blogger because i don't know anything about the game mentioned :))). And I don't think he's talking explicitely to me. :)

But in general I will say this to anyone anywhere who wants to call me a(n old) fart: I WILL FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION. :D

a pibbur who acknowledges he's off topic (or at least not on topic).

Last edited:

Had one replaced that Viking with a Santa, the screenshot would look like an American Christmas commercial :p You should try the beginning of the game just to see how they have made Bergen and Stavanger. I did not remember that the mountains were so high over there but I must be mistaken :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom