Arcante - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Action-RPG Arcante has been released today:

Arcante is an Old-School, First Person, Party-Based RPG.

Inspired by games that defined the genre, Arcante will bring you to a land where exploring and listening to suggestions is crucial to succeed.

Discover game mechanics as you play and fight enemies with a very dynamic combat system that rewards constant movement.

Manage the party, train them, loot or buy equipment and find out what works best for them.

Mysteries and hidden treasures are waiting for you.

• 5 Classes
  • 8 Animated Portraits
  • 20 abilities
  • Color-Coded Equipment with Thousands of Combinations
  • 4 Armor Types
  • 15 Weapon Types
Arcante is here to let people feel the vibes of old games; no one knew much about their mechanics before their releases, and they were often cryptic: tutorials were hardly a thing and the path to follow was uncertain. But don't worry, a difficulty setting is there to make things a little easier... or harder!
More information.

Well its not the best or greatest RPG ever developed but it only costs $16, and it's not that bad looking. I'll probably buy it now since Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed.:biggrin:

Hey guys! I don't mean to intrude (I totally am haha), but I am desperately looking for all the feedbacks I can find, as I made the game :p

I just wanted to say that the game is definitely inspired from the MMs 6 to 9, and I did try to reproduce the combat feeling of them (based on how I played them).

I know it's definitely not perfect, but I'll keep polishing it based on feedbacks, as long as people think it's worth polishing :)

I did offer a key to RPGWatch through Steam "curator connect", just in case :invisible::invisible:

Yes you are right, I wanted players to always be able to dodge any hit, but that's too much. I'm now working on making melee mobs a little bit quicker, and make them swing in the right direction, I will be releasing an update soon :)

Also, please notice that mobs grow quicker based on the level, high level mobs definitely look less dumb. And those kind of mob are only present in the first map!

This looks interesting and I'm glad games like this are still being released. I'd grab it if I wasn't buried in games right now, but it's wish-listed and I'll probably play it soon enough.

As far as being able to dodge enemy attacks by moving aside, I'm pretty sure that's part of the game design and not a bug; like in Eye of the Beholder type games in general. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

:)

Are there a decent amount of quests etc? One of the cool things about M&M 6-7 was that there was always lots to do, and easy to keep track of. The combat was a bit, erm, messy, but the games were fun for the quests, chracter progressions, artifacts/relics and exploration

Is it real time or real time with pause? I'm too old to have any twitch skills, so need to be able to pause the action at any given moment. Save anywhere? I will likely buy it tonight if HiddenX didn't give the key to someone yet. @HiddenX; doesn't believe in free games for his curator account for some weird reason.

Is it real time or real time with pause? I'm too old to have any twitch skills, so need to be able to pause the action at any given moment. Save anywhere? I will likely buy it tonight if HiddenX didn't give the key to someone yet. @HiddenX; doesn't believe in free games for his curator account for some weird reason.

I'm in the same boat. I will definately buy it at some point if its real time with pause.

Like @crpgnut; said, I never accept Steam Curator keys - I'm getting spammed with these.

So the first hurdle is to convince me to buy the game. (I buy most RPGs, that are not completely trash, anyway, so this hurdle is not so high).

If I have
  1. played the game enough
  2. like it
  3. it is out of Early Access
  4. at least some Watchers like it, too

it gets a recommendation (without the <I got a key> flag) on the RPGWatch Curator.

It's not real time with pause, I'm sorry :(

But the combat can adapt to your style, slow weapons will increase the recovery times of the chars, while hitting harder. Thus giving you more time to pick the abilities.

And you can both dodge by running around or dodge with a single side-step at the right time, that should maybe help too?

I recently added a quick casting system to the game and I just realized that it would go hand in hand with the possibility of pausing the game, I might try implementing it soon.

The pause would be limited to accessing the inventory in a fight (using potions, switching gear), and selecting which ability each character should use next.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on that :)

Back
Top Bottom