Crusader Kings 3 announced

After collecting and reviewing bits of information, this is going to be another product packed with toxic features.

CK2 was a failed game in the way it was supposed to be about personal power and these days, proponents of the american system, which constitute the bulk of players, are statist favouring institutionalized power.

In CK2, rulers (including the player) were supposed to rule out of personality when players, in their quest for power, were obsessed with building the institutions to support their dreams of massive conquest and subjugation.

It seems, though, that Paradox still wants to deliver a product about personal power and has including binding mechanics that could force players to play CK3 as intended.

This wont work, there is going to be a river of tears at launch, PX forum is going to be bombed with demands for change.
At the end of the day, PX will backpedal and try to dilute as much as possible the design.

giphy.gif

After collecting and reviewing bits of information, this is going to be another product packed with toxic features.

CK2 was a failed game in the way it was supposed to be about personal power and these days, proponents of the american system, which constitute the bulk of players, are statist favouring institutionalized power.

In CK2, rulers (including the player) were supposed to rule out of personality when players, in their quest for power, were obsessed with building the institutions to support their dreams of massive conquest and subjugation.

It seems, though, that Paradox still wants to deliver a product about personal power and has including binding mechanics that could force players to play CK3 as intended.

This wont work, there is going to be a river of tears at launch, PX forum is going to be bombed with demands for change.
At the end of the day, PX will backpedal and try to dilute as much as possible the design.

Players know what Crusader Kings is about. There will be no crying (well, there will be some crying because there always is, but nothing more than there is for CK2) or shock or backpedalling. And if they want a game with a focus on the nation, they'll play EU4, just like they do now.

As they knew PoE was RTwP.

Players know one thing: when they scream high enough, they get their way.

CK2 is already a story of backpedaling, screams and tears.

Paradox releasing products in such an unfinished state might be linked to this behaviour as they must be ready to reverse any controversial design decision.

CK2/3 have a big issue (just as victoria 2 has): they add a layer between players and their grand master plan of utter dominance that is not puppet like.

A deeply religious christian king. Gamers will take it as a means to enlarge their dynasty influence, they will work with it.

Players though will resent it as a rebellious slave that stands in their way to power.

A crusade is called, ruling out of personality means joining the crusade.
Players might prefer to attack that christian neighbour they have just fabricated a claim against. This will be made worse if the binding mechanics are proportional to the current kingdom strength: a weakened kingdom, joining the crusade is less mandatory.
Players will feel thwarted in their big plans.

Players will find binding mechanics coercive, they will have to be watered down enough so that players can override them at ease.

Ah I see another DLC milking pyramid scheme, but hey I'm sold.:biggrin:

cold_hard_cash_by_tastes_like_fry-d4uh3s5.png

Welcome back, dude. Your absence was noted :)

Have you tried imperator?
Is it any good?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I played it on it's release. My impression was it needed some more work and probably a few DLCs to flesh it out. So I'll say maybe 6.5/10 but its been while since I played it.

I also recommend you download a few good mods.

Thanks. I'll hold off for now then…

Yes, do that. They managed to make a snore fest of one of the most epic period in History.
They are not only doing a Paradox on it (many DLC) but also redoing most of all the mechanisms as fast as they can.
It changed a lot since launch but still not there.

Back
Top Bottom