Morrowind Morrowind screenshots

P

purpleblob

Not sure if there is any threads to post Morrowind screenshot. Yes, I am having mad fun decorating house and dressing up my character :kitty: Only wish things won't go flying in Skyrim so easy as well.

Btw very surprised how detailed night time sky look in Morrowind - beautiful!

Attachments

• MGE Screenshot 011.jpg
    MGE Screenshot 011.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 201
  • MGE Screenshot 012.jpg
    MGE Screenshot 012.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 197
  • MGE Screenshot 015.jpg
    MGE Screenshot 015.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 194
  • MGE Screenshot 016.jpg
    MGE Screenshot 016.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 191
  • MGE Screenshot 020.jpg
    MGE Screenshot 020.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 190
Purpleblob,

Great pics! :)

Could you please tell us the Morrowind mods you're using?

The Morrowind Overhaul is beautiful. I also suggest increasing the Draw Distance manually by 10/20/30+ cells, based on how much your PC can handle. Standing on top of a mountain and looking off into the distance is really great then. :)

The skies are beautiful, too! I'm not sure if Skyrim had the "real" constellations like Morrowind did, i.e. you could see the actual constellations from the lore in the Morrowind night sky. They may have stopped doing that after Oblivion, not sure.

And here's a boring video I made reading a list of some mods I used in my recent LP with brief decriptions. Might be a few interesting ones in there (like Tamriel Rebuilt, BTB rebalance mods, Water Life, etc..) :)

Good that you are playing RPGs again, purpleblob! … and good to have you back here at the Watch! :highfive:

Ah morrowind, will always hold a special place for me! I remember when I first played it I'd just stand there looking at fascinating landscapes while the magnificent exploration music played. Of course, it has its faults - but the world was so compelling and wonderfully alien.

A fine house you got there, purpleblob! :)
Housing and interior decoration was my favorite part of Morrowind. I spent most of the 15 months of my first complete playthrough with occupying houses and acquiring light sources :D.

Looks great - mods have really helped one of my favorite games to hold up!

A fine house you got there, purpleblob! :)
Housing and interior decoration was my favorite part of Morrowind. I spent most of the 15 months of my first complete playthrough with occupying houses and acquiring light sources :D.

Thanks Jaz! I think I will probably spend most of time hunting for decoration and light source too ^^ A quick question - I bought a number of candles and torches etc from the shop but when I place them on furniture or ground, flame goes off. Is there any way to fix this or identify which candles/torch will stay lit?

Oh, I'm afraid I don't remember … most of those I stole remained lit. And, well, I stole pretty much all of them. But I don't think there was a way of relighting those that didn't shed light, nor was there a way of identifying which would remain lit, at least not without mods. I didn't use Morrowind mods, however, with the exception of Rhedd's Heads, but after about 15 minutes of playing I unsinstalled that one. While the heads were extremely pretty, the game didn't feel like Morrowind. At least not for me. So I returned to the fugly original heads and faces.

The only ES game I actually played with a graphic mod was Oblivion. The mod added horses in more exotic colors, and the skins were done by someone who IRL painted wildlife and horses for pub signs. They were awesome (provided you loved horses).

Blobby your home looks gorgeous. Why not add some flower arrangements? Lol!

Anyway I found some screenshots from an early 2016 run, thought I'd contribute.

Gazing eastwards after completing boring paperwork in the census office.

ZXu5G2G.jpg

Silently creeping around Seyda Neen in the dead of night… Spying for Fargoth.

mZunCEz.jpg

Notice I made Seyda Neen look like a port that it was meant to be. And not just three houses in a swamp.

AmIje6v.jpg

Balmora caravan's chief posing for me, with some nice Dwemeri ruins in the background. I think it's Arkghtrand or w/e it's called.

OV0yHg8.jpg

Last edited:
I found more but from a 2015 run I think, before the PBR prototype changed everything - praise Hrchamd - so these are worse-looking.

The first thing I noticed after they let me out of the prison-barge is this big, big moon covering nearly the entire sky. (enlarged Primus through configuration settings)

I1BaSGf.jpg

A shot from third-person. Me knee-deep in the swamp behind the census office.

Qbgzbrg.jpg

Gazing into a scum pool somewhere in the Bitter Coast mega-swamp, wondering how does it taste like.

9zhwILj.jpg

The alien-looking Sky above Caldera, with the ominous Red Mountain volcano in the background.

jFbH8iw.jpg

Sunset in the streets of Balmora. Well, sunset or sunrise, can't recall.

KLx7Fdm.jpg

The Holy City. Looking deserted. Not a guard in sight. It's as if the Blight has chased everybody out.

ztRXB3e.jpg

Some nifty underwater effects become evident once I dive between the cantons. (not advised)

YFOmUQW.png

A detailed night sky with an almost circular bright-purple nebula. Somewhere dangerously close to the Red Mountain volcano.

adLysJL.jpg

Beautiful green water shader with a sand texture I ported from Skyrim. Standing on Khuul docks.

AvQgnS2.jpg

Last edited:
Morrowind can be a beautiful game. What mods are you using?

I recently tried to boot up Morrowind again and went with some STEP-guide for graphics. It was more stable and smoother than MGSO, more "vanilla" but lacked some oomph. Regardless of what mods I use the animations still makes the world feel quite, dead and empty. So I went back to Skyrim Requiem and installed lots of graphic mods for that. Having a jolly good time yet again.

Good stuff, luj1. Makes me want to go to the hassle of installing Morrowmods.

Luj: what mods are you using? Those are stunning!!

Haha, believe me, I would have added plenty of flower arragements if I could ;)

Come on people post more! Why didn't you embed them Fluent :p

Luj: what mods are you using? Those are stunning!!
Morrowind can be a beautiful game. What mods are you using?

To be fair it's really hard for me to answer that. Generally speaking my runs are heavily modded and I've been modding completely manually for years. I don't use MGSO or similar packs, never did.

But basically, everyone should start with MCP, MPP, MGE XE and cherry-pick some texture packs. Then you can add custom shaders, normal maps and PBR materials - these are the main reason why those screens look so good.

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask me, but please be specific if you can :) e.g. textures, meshes, shaders, town expansions, animations, quests etc, and I'll tell you what the best mods are. (and the ones I prefer to use)

Back
Top Bottom