What games are you playing now?

Playing Plague Inc. atm. I don't think game will be very fun for very long but for now it's very addictive, I been saying "just one "more horrible disease" for two hours.It's not as easy as initially looks, on two last difficulties game can be though and requires good pre-planing.

Jumped back into F.E.A.R. Still holds pretty well, after all the years.

Got Avadon three as a birthday present last week, so playing that right now. I've played maybe ten hours so far, and it is just as good as other Spiderweb games, looking forward to hitting some challenging fights later on.

This past weekend - ToME and Grid.

Still stuck in withcer 3; kind of getting a little old; no clue how close I am to finishing but i ahven't done either of the dlcs which i own so i suspect another couple of months. I think I did something out of order because i have some required 'level 11' quests but most of my quests are in the high 20's or low 30s. Maybe i goofed with trisha becauase i found this item and it said something like 'wish i could show it to trisha but she is not available ...' i kissed her good bye and she took a boat ride.

You may ignore that item. It's a sidestory/lore about certain sorceress (Coral) from Skellige. You won't meet her.
She dead.

Still stuck in withcer 3; kind of getting a little old; no clue how close I am to finishing but i ahven't done either of the dlcs which i own so i suspect another couple of months. I think I did something out of order because i have some required 'level 11' quests but most of my quests are in the high 20's or low 30s. Maybe i goofed with trisha becauase i found this item and it said something like 'wish i could show it to trisha but she is not available …' i kissed her good bye and she took a boat ride.

It shows failed quest, and some items aren't really quests and if she has sailed off there is nothing you can do.

If you want to finish the game off just stick to the main quests, put it on story only and finish it.

As for the DLC part, there is very little you can of Hearts of stone do of it until you are over level 35 and none of Blood and wine until you finish the Hearts of stone.

Undertale. Fun, funny and has a great soundtrack

Embarked on a potentially epic quest in Baldur's Gate: EE. Co-op mode. Hoping to co-op through BG:EE, Siege of Dragonspear and then right on to BG2:EE. I'll post again this time next year when we finish all of it. :)

I got sidetracked from playing FFVI by a game called Pathologic Classic HD. I heard Pathologic was a cult classic and meant to play it for years, but never got around to it. Now that the remake is in the works, I got this original HD version, since I heard that the remake will be pretty much an entirely different game and I have no faith in companies repeating their success with cult classic games.

What can I say? No description can do it justice. This game is unique. People who made it obviously didn't care for commercial success, they cared to make a solid game. It's strongly narrative-driven, the dialogues are written in old-fashioned speech (I suspect the setting is 1920-30 years), and the game is incredibly realistic.

I can't really describe it, except saying that it doesn't feel like a game at all. It feels like a simulator of real life. Missions in the game don't feel like missions, they completely blend in with the narrative. Going from point A to point B doesn't feel like going from point A to point B, instead it's like a real life walk and a lot of things happen along the way, so that each walk to some place feels realistic and unique.

Perhaps the only game that comes close to this one in quality is Deadly Premonition. It was a little awkward, though, as you had to actively pursue the side content to get the full narrative out of the game.

At one point I was so impressed with the plot of Pathologic that I woke up at night and marveled about it, feeling eerie. Never happened to me before.

So basically, it's now my number one game in terms of story and realism. Unfortunately, that means my previous picks are much more hackneyed and shallow than I ever thought.

I know this is not a full game description, but a normal description just wouldn't do it justice. I just recommend the game to people who like utmost realism, true-to-life stories that can't be predicted or guessed, lifelike characters and issues. The devs call this game 'A simulator of survival in a situation of emergency', which is kind of true, but they forgot to add that it's a realistic simulator.

Why isn't this game famous? I don't get it. No money for PR at all? I should've played it years ago. When I first started it (on Saturday morning) I only realized that 12 hours have passed in the evening. Never happened to me before. I even forgot to eat! O_O

Pathologic's on my to-play list. From what I remember the original game got a lot of flak for a poor translation, which I believe the HD version fixed.
The game sounds fascinating but haven't gotten around to it yet. I backed the KS for the remake, and have high hopes for that one.

Pathologic's on my to-play list. From what I remember the original game got a lot of flak for a poor translation, which I believe the HD version fixed.
The game sounds fascinating but haven't gotten around to it yet. I backed the KS for the remake, and have high hopes for that one.
I'm not sure they fixed it well enough… Why is the name of the first character Bachelor? I get that it's supposed to mean a person with a bachelor degree, but my first thought is someone who isn't married. The name is supposed to convey an idea that he's a highly educated man in the times when education was scarce. Instead, at least to me, it conveys an idea that he has no wife. What do native English-speakers think?

And the name of the third character is an outright spoiler in this HD version… The new translator needs to be executed for that. I looked up the old version's name, and it wasn't spoilerish.

The game's name is strange. What is Pathologic in the game?! Nothing :) It should be named Pestilence. Most likely they decided that Pathologic sounded better in terms of sales.

P.S. The original name is a word play, I think. Mor.Utopia means 'Pestilence.Utopia', and Thomas More wrote 'Utopia', so the word Mor was in all likelyhood supposed to convey that association.
P.S.-2. The other game from this studio is Knock-Knock, which is a kind of 2D horror that doesn't sound revolutionary… So I guess they're one-shot wonders? I guess that's ok, the writer of Deadly Premonition whose name escapes me now didn't write anything else that I liked, too. So that's ok, but still a shame.

Really damn good AI in this game...and it was done by a single person. Think only Far Cry II had something near as good, but was over the top sometimes. And situational radio chatter gives more sense of team cooperation/awareness...a gimmick, but belivable one.
And that shotgun! A music to my ears.

I don't remember farcry 2 AI being anything special, definitely not even close to fear which was amazing imo. Spreading fire was kind of cool in FC2 but the respawning guard posts the moment you left them killed the game for me.

Fear 2 wasn't as good as 1 imo but fear 3 was closer to 1 with 1 edging it out though.

Unfortunately The AI in fear remains the pinnacle for me nothing's touched it sense and mostly it's seems AI has regressed rather than improve.

I don't remember farcry 2 AI being anything special, definitely not even close to fear which was amazing imo.

It did have more than a few issues, but sometimes did some pretty surprising things. I remember barricading an entrance with a car to prevent them from swarming me, I swear to god, one yelled: Car is blocking the way and rushed in to driver seat. Or the way they'd pull back their wounded or flank the player. Banter based on reputation was pure gold.
But man, respawning is the worst I've seen in any game to date.

Back
Top Bottom