Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North - Video Review

Why those grids must always be toxic green!? Grids and health bars here totally destroys common atmosphere and grim graphics of the game!
Check out Battle Brothers and see how good and unobtrusive grids can be.

Why those grids must always be toxic green!? Grids and health bars here totally destroys common atmosphere and grim graphics of the game!
Check out Battle Brothers and see how good and unobtrusive grids can be.
Exactly. Programmer colors. No graphics artist to deal with the UI design.

The game noticeably steals map and character design from super amazing Blackguards 1-2. Animations look like all combatants are swimming in water that has taken place of the air around them.

I haven't played yet Battle Brothers, even less Shieldwall, but for me Battle Brothers do it all wrong:
- No color circle to highlight side, bad.
- No visual hint on movements range, bad.

But ok as it's a matter of preference, it could be in options.

For the aesthetic, I see what you mean, and there's probably more work on that in Battle Brothers, but it's nothing great either, and a very basic work on the environment.

I'm probably 2/3 of the way through and I really don't recommend it. There is nothing wrong with it per sey it just doesn't grab me. I think battle brothers is a better game with the only major flaw (for myself) is lack of a story or plot line.

I have a buddy that picked this one up a week or so ago, and is really liking it. I imagine I'll be giving it a try at some point in the upcoming months, just from what he's had to say about it, and what I've read on these forums.

Sounds a lot like blackguards which I really enjoyed. I may give it a chance at some point but my backlog is currently filled with games I'd rather play. So at this point I'll have to pass.

I haven't played yet Battle Brothers, even less Shieldwall, but for me Battle Brothers do it all wrong:

- No color circle to highlight side, bad.

- No visual hint on movements range, bad.

But ok as it's a matter of preference, it could be in options.

For the aesthetic, I see what you mean, and there's probably more work on that in Battle Brothers, but it's nothing great either, and a very basic work on the environment.
Side is highlighted in bb by facing direction.
I agree on movement

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ha ok, sorry I forgot that point about faces direction, I watched a let's play some time ago, and didn't get troubled by the side problem, so I supposed I had noticed and forgot.

Ok that's a good trick, but it's very specific to a weird graphical choice. Moreover facing direction can be a great design tool for turn based combats making such trick impossible with more standard graphics.

Back
Top Bottom