Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Legacy of the First Blade Chapter 2

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Xbox Hub looked at what Legacy of the First Blade Chapter 2 has to offer for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.

Found that the addition of Legacy of the First Blade delivered plenty of reason to head back into Assassin's Creed Odyssey? You're in luck as the second chapter in the expansion is coming - and today we have full details and a release date.

Shadow Heritage is the second episode of the Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC: Legacy of the First Blade. Following on from December's launch of the content expansion, we will be seeing this second chapter arrive on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come January 15th 2019.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

"The First Blade" is a term from SWTOR, the Consular's class story line, very early.
Sounds to me as if they had outright stolen that term.

They didn't. The first blade is a legendary assassin mentioned in almost all AC games as the one who first used the series specific means of assassinations - but he was never a playable character/sidekick before. Odyssey now added him for all fans of series and for all those who will become fans.

Unlike AC: Odyssey which is a singleplayer RPG hybrid and other AC games which aren't RPGs but are still singleplayers, SWTOR is yet another worthless mmo. There is absolutely nothing a mmo can steal from singleplayer games and there won't ever be anything as all mmos are nothing but a chicken coop not ment for a normal human being. Don't believe me? Visit a chicken coop in RL and then try to prove me wrong. Good luck.

A post by joxer about Legacy of the First Blade and no rant that the DLC itself is episodic being a season pass inside a season pass? I'm surprised. ;)

Eh? I don't care much about DLC being episodic as the vanilla game isn't.
Is DLC/seasonpass worth buying is too early to tell. I can tell you though that "deluxe" DLC is a plain scam and it's not a part of seasonpass - if you're planning to buy a complete edition go for gold (no deluxe) and don't buy ultimate (gold with deluxe).

Doublepost since, well, it's unrelated and appeared after.

Ubi screwed c&c in this DLC #2:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-a-shocking-twist-which-ignores-player-choice
Shadow Heritage, the DLC's second episode which launched yesterday, gives players only the illusion of choice. Regardless of your main character's sexuality, Ubisoft pretends you can pick what happens next - but has the same thing ultimately play out either way.
At the DLC chapter's end, you can choose to romance Darius' offspring, settle down and have a baby. Or you can choose to say farewell to Darius' offspring, only for them to turn up regardless, leading to you settling down and having a baby in the exact same way.
Whichever you pick, the action then skips forward to a montage of scenes where your main character breaks from mercenary life to enjoy a period of peace. You are shown getting close to your new family, kissing your new partner, before a quick gameplay mission where you fetch bread and milk to take home. Finally, your new baby is shown.
It created fuss all over different gaming sites - sites that forget that Odyssey is the first Ubi's game with numerous c&c and this is not even a game but DLC. Of course some hiccups were to be expected.
The worst however are sjw sites where articles and members of community (comments) don't talk about poor c&c design in an additional content that isn't the game itself, but see an agenda against lgbt here.

So Joxer I know you were a fan of Origins. Is Odyssey better? Looking to buy one or the other.

I do like main from Origins (Bayek) more than mains in Odyssey, but NPCs in Odyssey are far superior to those in Origins. The main story is good in both, but sidestories in Origins are not really interesting while in Odyssey are spectacular. Odyssey's sidequests are also a huge improvement over Origins ones. Proper sidequests, not procedurally generated trash copypasted from Skyrim's socalled "radiant" rubbish. Combat is pretty much similar in both games with Odyssey going even more towards dark souls idiocy which I hate - however in Odyssey certain bow skills outclass those in Origins so you don't have to bang head against the wall being tortured by dark souls qte2.0 melee crap. Origins almost removed Sea Dogs ships completely, these are back in Odyssey. Parkour works automatically in both games so there was nothing to improve there really as it's good. Origins has better placed fasttravel spots, those in Odyssey feel too far from everything. Racing exists in Origins as a side activity you don't have to touch ever, in Odyssey that GTAlike garbage is removed completely. You do not have to, and you shouldn't in fact, grind anything in both games, everything you need you get by just doing main and side quests.
Finally PC performance is the same, both games use unoptimized code that will hammer like crazy all of your CPU cores for no apparent reason. Classic Ubisoft where it's unknown how they could have optimized WD2 so good and then fail again within next two AC games.

While I have to recommend playing both, overall IMO Odyssey is a better game.

Last edited:
In previous Assassin Creeds you had to micromanage movement, jumping and climbing by pressing different keys. Starting with Origins it's not the case any more, the protagonist "knows" what are you trying to do and doesn't expect you to confirm it with unnecessary commands.

The thing is I play games for the story. All of them.

Due to lack of time I had to part ways with my old love - reading books. For comics I still find some free hours, but I can't remember the last time I picked a fat book and then went crazy not leaving it out of hands for hours or days, the rl caught up with me.
The reason I lack of time is, of course, the job. Boring, grindy, exhausting and dumbing both my IQ and social skills.
What I also love is puzzles, organization, nitpicking, detective work, music, etc… All the different stuff you can find combined in various ways within - videogames.

So pardon me for spitting on "games" that are nothing but a second job and praising story rich experience especially when it comes with c&c spectacle! Pardon me even more when I see how many flies get glued on turds like Destiny yet ignoring anything where brain is required, I just can't understand it.

Ubi reacted on, erm, negative reactions I guess…
https://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-director-says-we-missed-the-mar-1831818690
Alexios/Kassandra realizing their own mortality and the sacrifice Leonidas and Myrrine made before them to keep their legacy alive, felt the desire and duty to preserve their important lineage. Our goal was to let players choose between a utilitarian view of ensuring your bloodline lived on or forming a romantic relationship. We attempted to distinguish between the two but could have done this more carefully as we were walking a narrow line between role-play choices and story, and the clarity and motivation for this decision was poorly executed. As you continue the adventure in [the] next episode Bloodline, please know that you will not have to engage in a lasting romantic relationship if you do not desire to.
Exactly what If you ask me, it's nice to see developer admitting DLC being poor.
Usually they either bragg how awsome it is, pay mainstream gaming sites to advertise it or just keep silent as there are always those who buy junk.

I do own gold version of the game but there is no way I'm gonna plod through Darius DLC till it's final episode gets live. As my hero isn't picky when it comes to "romance" anyone and anything, I guess I won't cry much over choice doesn't matter in DLC #2.

[EDIT]

JS's take on it:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom