Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Resource Opposition System

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update from Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem explains the Resource Opposition System.

New video: Resource Opposition System... And Happy New Year!

12 JANUARY - CALISTAEN

[DE translation][www.wolcen-game.de]

Hello everyone!

First of all, all the Wolcen team wishes you a very happy new year 2019! It's been a while since we didn't provide you with an update regarding our global progression, but we will, very soon :)

As you perhaps already know, following Technical Beta 1 and 2, we gathered a lot of useful information, mostly client and server crash reports that our teams are currently working on to solve as many issues as possible and improve the stability of the game when we make the Gameplay Beta transition.

Your contribution to these tests also allowed us to gather bug reports and feedback that we're taking into consideration. There are still critical issues we're working on fixing before making the transition, and some revamp that we want to finish as well in order to avoid an early character wipe.

We will provide you with more global advancement news next week, in the meantime, we hope that you will appreciate this new video about the Resource Opposition System in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem.

[...]
More information.

I'm not trying to be negative but this is very similar - if not the same - to the old resource system. I get that they want to keep in touch with players - cause they were criticized for lack of communication - but this video is redundant.

This is one of the few games I'm really looking forward to. I just hope it releases this year :)

Likewise. Always looking for a new Diablo II fix. I can't play Path of Exile again. The last boss battle (at the time Chapter 3 I think) was so ridiculously imbalanced it was clear the game was only catering to optimized builds. I had to teleport to base about 20 times to complete it. The builds that could take it on were all grind & optimized. Diablo II was never like that for a normal run through where you had a life outside of the game!

I think I've been seeing updates for this game hit constantly for like, the past four or five years. Hopefully someday soon it will be fully released, but as for now I'm staying away, the patches seem to hit furiously and often.

All these D2 type games have extended development cycles for balance and content releases. Exile and Grim Dawn were pretty similar. Maybe Wolcen has more bugs its development length seems on par.

I think I've been seeing updates for this game hit constantly for like, the past four or five years. Hopefully someday soon it will be fully released, but as for now I'm staying away, the patches seem to hit furiously and often.
Yep they went the lets do alpha and beta on Steam right after it was funded. So basically the game is not finished yet, and they make more money off Early Access.

This also means countless updates with no final release date in site.

They were smart taking that route then, their timing was well before the early access stage was so saturated with games just hovering. Getting in on the ground floor often reaps benefits. I'm hopeful that we'll all have a game out of this worth playing, but I think it's still quite a ways off.

Grim Dawn did the same thing no?
Yes but Grim Dawn started production before it's Kickstarter. I'm not a big fan of games that take over 5+ years on Early Access just to reach Beta. That's just me though.

Aye, Grim Dawn was well established before they hit the kick starter stage, if I'm remembering right. I'll give them that much, they had a pretty solid plan and simply stuck to it. Great game too, if you liked Diablo you'd likely enjoy Grim Dawn.

Likewise. Always looking for a new Diablo II fix. I can't play Path of Exile again. The last boss battle (at the time Chapter 3 I think) was so ridiculously imbalanced it was clear the game was only catering to optimized builds. I had to teleport to base about 20 times to complete it. The builds that could take it on were all grind & optimized. Diablo II was never like that for a normal run through where you had a life outside of the game!

I totally agree, I've finally uninstalled Path of Exile, I won't ever play it again. I was actually one of the beta testers for PoE, I loved it in the beginning, but as time went by they listened more and more to the hardcore gamers. Now the game is impossibly hard and it's simply not fun anymore.

But the thing that excites me about Wolcen is that it's single player and supports modding. So anything I don't like, I should be able to change *fingers crossed*.

Back
Top Bottom