General News - 11 Upcoming RPGs for 2019-2020

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamers Decide has published their list of eleven RPGs to look forward to for 2019-2020.

11 Awesome Upcoming RPGs We Can't Wait To Play

RPG games are more immersive and varied than ever before. Gamers can now choose to explore and live out radical science fiction and fantasy worlds of all types, and in some cases, explore with friends online. These twelve upcoming games promise to be on the cutting edge of RPG gaming, and are sure to delivers hours of mind-blowing game-play.

11. VALHALL

VALHALL Gameplay

The Nordic apocalypse is here. Can you stop Ragnarok? In Valhall, players battle with fifty others online to emerge as the worthy successor to Odin's Sword.

As one of the only medieval Battle Royale games, Valhall promises to deliver the thrill of battle royale games like Fortnite and PUBG, only in a dream-world rooted deep in Norse mythology. Butcher your enemies with sword and axe, or outwit them with parkour and the stealthy deadliness of a bow and arrow.

Already available in Early Access, the full game is expected to be released by the end of 2019.

9. Rustler

Ever wonder what a medieval Grand Theft Auto game might be like? That's Rustler. A self-described "Parody of RPG clichés", Rustler lets players go wild in a medieval kingdom.

Take quests, work with factions, or just wreak havoc on the populace with all sorts of medieval weaponry. Let the arrows fly and the horses charge! Players can even team up online to destroy a kingdom-or each other.

Rustler is currently in Pre-Alpha, with a release date planned for sometime in the near future.

[...]
More information.

every single one of them is very interesting! Never seen a list on the net that is all to my liking. Damn it will be good year !

11 Awesome Upcoming RPGs We Can't Wait To Play

My body is ready!!!

11. VALHALL
That ain't RPG but yet another mmo survival rubbish.
I guess the rest 10 games are also mmo crap so won't read further.

Good list except for the blemish that is Division 2 & Anthem.:p

Encased, Elysium, and Cyberpunk look decent to me, assuming all three avoid any online presence requirements. Maybe Rustler as well, but again, it would have to not have any online junk.

That ain't RPG but yet another mmo survival rubbish.
I guess the rest 10 games are also mmo crap so won't read further.

Not all 10 of them, but almost.

So lets see…these games have my interest.

Rustler - A self-described Parody RPG
Encased - Sci-fi post-apocalyptic RPG
Crossroads Inn - RPG Sim Management Crossover
Disco Elysium - Another Isometric RPG
Greedfall - Colonialism Inspired RPG
Cyberpunk 2077 - Cyberpunk First-person RPG
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord - Sand Box game with RPG mechanics

These don't due to my dis-taste for anything MMO, Dark Souls, or Pub based.

VALHALL -Battle Royale Rpg
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 - Online Shooter with RPG Mechanics
Anthem - Online Shooter with RPG Elememts
Hellpoint - Dark Souls Clone Sci-fi A-RRG

Hrm, only really interested into Encased, Disco Elysium and Cyberpunk here.

Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed by that list myself. Cyberpunk is the only for-sure thing to me. I'll definitely check out Disco Elysium and Greedfall as well.

I think it's lame that Anthem and The Division are on that list. I guess any looter-shooter with some RPG elements is now considered an RPG. :roll:

Also, I wonder how they missed The Outer Worlds.

Cyberpunk is the only one on the list to get excited about...the rest look meh.

Outer Worlds should definitely be there and I'm amused by The Division and Anthem being present. The list does have some RPGs I hadn't heard of before so I posted it.

I particularly like the relatively low level of sequel-itis in the list compared to past years. Nice to see many promising original works.

They're certainly missing some good ones. And I'd like to point out some for removal, too. *cough* anthem *cough*

But I'll let it slide, as long as Cyberpunk is on place one, and weapon-dating-sims are nowhere to be seen. :p

Back
Top Bottom