Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Sacred II

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Sacred III

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is another poll this week asking members to pick what you think is the best Hack & Slash game on my list. Remember our polls have limitations so it wont be perfect.

(I can only offer ten options.)

I'm sure you all have other favorites so talk about them below.^^

Last edited:
Does hack and slash always mean Diablo combat?

What's the difference between action and hack and slash?

Why would Skyrim be action and not hack and slash?

All serious questions btw.

Well maybe this Wiki page can help you as I don't feel like writing a long reply.^^

Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_and_slash

Seems game genres are all blended together. I could even call Shadow of Mordor a Hack & Slash game as it fits the criteria for the genre. Good luck talking about this guys.:)

After reading that my vote is for Dark souls or Dragons dogma.;)

Or maybe I'm more confused now.:lol:

I voted for Sacred 2. I love that game quite a bit. Diablo and Diablo II are close, though, but I really enjoyed Sacred 2's open-world, loot system and freedom to build a character. :)

The best hack & slash game is of course Nox!

'Hack and slash' is pretty broad but it works. You get the sense of the kind of games you're voting for from the list. Now when Diablo first hit the scene it was referred to as a 'graphical rogue-like.' But it wasn't entirely a rogue-like and since then games of that flavor were usually referred to as 'Diablo clones.' But calling it that would bias the vote.

If I could vote for anything, I'd go with Path of Exile. It's not perfect, a touch too grindy, but I spent more hours there then I care to admit. While Diablo 3 had better moment to moment action, it completely lacked any depth of character building - which is where PoE shined.

Honorable mention for the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. Short and sweet, didn't wear out it's welcome.

Nox

Or dungeon siege 2. (5 characters minimum)

Nox if it's considered a hack'n slash. Not sure what it is really, as it seems to be something in between. A strange, yet very fun game.

As it is, I actually voted for Diablo 3. I was tempted to go with D2, but D3 has been vastly improved over the last few years. In its current form it really is a very good game.

Icewind dale 1 :) if it qualifies as one.

From the list, I picked Diablo 3. I really loved atmosphere of Diablo 1 and all, but I found Diablo 3 more loot orientated, fast paced and fun.

I view IWD2 as hack&slash; IWD1 as an RPG :) That's why I picked IWD2, despite my preference for its predecessor.

Modded Titan quest wins easily for me.Path of exile would be second and Diablo 2(again modded) third.

Also Path of exile must be on the list maybe instead of torchlight 1(probably no one will pick that over TL 2).

Sacred 1 and Torchlight 1 are the ones I played the most, but I'm going to have to vote for Torchlight 2.

IWD 1 I don't exactly classify as a hack n slash in the same vein as all these clickfests. But if I did, it would get my vote as it's in my top 5 games of all time.

I spent more time in Diablo I than all the others combined, but its probably not the best one. Id say my favorite one so far is Torchlight 2. I have a lot of fun playing that one, but I play it (and the original Torchlight) in hardcore mode as if they are old school arcade games that I have to plunk a quarter in each time I die, to see if I can get alittle farther that the last time, using whatever gear my previous guy managed to save for the next of kin. Sure I keep seeing the same zones over and over, but for me its a lot of fun. Im currently running through with my 11th character (almost all of them an engineer), and have yet to make it past the Watchweald Temple. My highest character was lvl 21

It shows that it's really a matter of taste, but I really wouldn't consider any of those as hack and slash. They're Diablo-clones/Diablolikes/"single player" MMOs. They're almost more like twitchy pseudo-strategy games where you only control one character.

To me, hack and slash is something where you have a more direct, visceral control over your character, so no click-to-move/attack stuff. So, more arcade-gamey things like Gauntlet, Golden Axe, and even something like Dark Messiah. There aren't really many games these days I'd classify that way.

only 10 options :(
Most ive played and enjoyed was the first sacred back then, with titan quest coming close; As for the others were not really impressive for me. Not in the poll, obviously dungeon siege games or van helsing ones, enjoyed them much :D

As for not the genre above, i loved the cursed crusade or knights of the temple :)

Back
Top Bottom