Are you Excited for Divinity: Original Sin 2?

Are you Excited for Divinity: Original Sin 2?

• Yes

Votes: 72 60.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • Not really

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Absolutely Not

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I want Divinity 3

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Yep, very excited in fact. D: OS was an excellent game.

I'm excited. I'm not going to back it again, except at the minimum level to get the game.
I burned out beta-testing so I've never finished OS. I'm waiting for the EE more than 2.

"Somewhat" excited. I never finished D:OS having lost interest along the way, so I'm waiting for the EE to be released to see if that is more enjoyable.

Ok, which RPGs did hold your attention and were balanced?

The combat was great at first, but not very well balanced. I was playing on hard difficulty and it initially provided a decent challenge, the combat soon became too easy. My party was obliterating everything and eventually I stopped playing midway through, because the other aspects of the game (i.e., the story) weren't holding my interest. I will give it another go with the enhanced edition.

I suppose I could've intentionally made things more difficult by not bringing along 2 companions or going to areas with higher level enemies… but neither one of those is very appealing from a role-playing perspective. I want to complete quests in an order that makes sense and not just because they are giving me the appropriate challenge…

I guess that's why I find open world RPGs overrated. Either they scale enemy levels, which is awful because it kills any sense of progression, or in the case of D:OS, the enemies have fixed levels and you end up deciding where to go based on the "suggested level" of a certain area… Until a developer can solve that dilemma, I'd prefer semi-linear RPGs with a strong story to the illusion of being able to go anywhere.

But the main issue I had with D:OS was not the combat but the awful random loot system… I'd prefer less frequent, hand-placed loot to finding (possibly slightly better) random crap found in every barrel, crate, and chest.

Somewhat.

In terms of writing and "atmosphere" Larian hit the spot with Dragon Knight Saga, whereas they´ve more-or-less nailed the mechanics in Original Sin, but in hindsight D:OS´s pluses were not quite enough to make the game as memorable as DKS for me.

As much as I´d enjoyed combat (and relative lack of hand-holding when it came to general progression + puzzles) of Original Sin, it´s the Dragon Knight Saga experience which had really burned into my memory :).

I´m guessing at the end of the day it was the music implementation - DKS just delivered some really fantastic experiences, like a silly, reference-filled dialogue with Sentinel Island´s hermit that took place on top of serious music background (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKb_b7Ag2nA), or entering Broken Valley "proper" for the first time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WatqoJBlNsg), which D:OS (and, to be honest, most of other games I´ve played) haven´t quite managed to replicate.

All in all, without Kirill Pokrovsky on board I´m having a hard time getting excited for the game, even though I´m certainly looking forward to it (since I liked mechanical side of D:OS a lot).
To be really excited I´d need a promise of the kind of magic I´ve found in DKS (as "exampled" above), but that´s not what I´m expecting from the game.

Last edited:
Do you play RPGs? Because you seem more of an action game fan, and we are on RPGWatch…

nice one, laughed really good :lol:

Game didnt had any atmosphere for me, rarelly could play more than 1h (unlike wasteland2 for example where i could play for hours in a row). I just didnt find it interesting, after 40h of play (abandoned it when i entered the last huge map), still didnt knew what was the deal with those 2 chars.

If they have announced a divinity 3, would have been super excited

Noooooo, I clicked the wrong choice, oh well. Yes, I'm exited.

I think the first one was a good game. But it wasn't really so awesome that it makes me want to play more. Same goes with Pillars of Eternity.

Divinity: OS didn't have a very interesting story, and the difficulty even on the high setting was so ridiculously easy, that there wasn't much left which acts as driving motivator for me.

If I support it or not will depend on their pitch video - and the price.

I'll be buying, but not backing. It's a shame that the 'adult mode' was polling so well - this will surely just encourage even more awkward humor, which is the number one thing I could do without. Take it down to the number of gags in BG (space hamsters,etc) and I'd be much happier.

My preference is 1st/3rd person perspective. I was kinda disappointed they went to iso with Original Sin. Don't get me wrong I loved OS and thought it was one of the best games of the year and look forward to the sequel. And will buy and play the sequel. But I have to rate my enthusiasm as somewhat excited.

kinda. Need to play D:OS EE/Gold/GOTY edition first, then I will tell you :)

Not excited

Not at all. Why? Because while Original Sin 1 had almost all the elements of a great game (and I loved most of it), I couldn't get past the really lousy isometric perspective view. It made movement and maneuvering very difficult, it made it nearly impossible to see what was up ahead, it made fights a pain. Immersion was impossible.

I kept trying to play it, thinking I'd get used to it, or it would get better, and actually made it all the way through the first town and wilderness area, and into the second part of the game. However, by that time the frustration of fighting the controls overcame any pleasure or enjoyment I was getting out of the game & I gave up.

So, unless they provide a real mouse-look mode (not the poorly functioning & glitchy override available in D:OS 1), I won't be participating in D:OS 2 at all.

Hrm...got lots of criticism to Divinity: OS, but controls or perspective isn't one of them.

I actually enjoyed the flow of combats quite a bit. Just that they were too easy if you knew what you were doing.

Hrm…got lots of criticism to Divinity: OS, but controls or perspective isn't one of them.

I actually enjoyed the flow of combats quite a bit. Just that they were too easy if you knew what you were doing.

Did you ever try performing a backstab in it? ;)

Back
Top Bottom