Dragon Age - Sacred Ashes Trailer

So? They hardly did it for free + it's not like they couldnt have been assigned to other tasks, or other people could have been, for that money..

Marketing is important i guess, but still.. i think marketing can be done with just showing of the gameplay, if the game is good enough.. personally i never buy games based on seeing cool/expensive looking CGI trailers, it doesnt help me getting hyped either.

Think how cool the text game could be if they didn't spend any money/talent on graphics!

Very nice trailer.

Some of the jumping seemed at bit "unrealistic" though, but overall the trailer looked very pretty. Reminded me in the start of some of Blizzard's trailers/cinematics.

Edit:
The mage in the first few shots reminded me alot of Keira Knightley in Pirates of the Caribbean. The voice in her first sentence and the sarcastic tone, plus her appearance.

Not that it matters, just funny to me :)

Think how cool the text game could be if they didn't spend any money/talent on graphics!

lol I liked that :)

I doubt the trailer really took anything out of over all development. I for one was hyped. I was sharing it at the office and even non-gamers were getting interested. But then I love RPG games and I would be very happy if the game did well and brought in more players.

I enjoy some niche games but I have no particular emotional investment in glorifying them as the be all end all of gaming and innovation.

Meh... I may not like everything about the game but I know it looks fun and I am going to enjoy playing it.

After actually seeing the trailer, I don't think it's a very good one. But then, I tend to really dislike what the modern audience supposedly enjoys.

I'll get sick to my stomach if I see another female character doing matrix moves in slowmotion. It's just so pathetically juvenile and derivative that I lack the words.

But apparently, it's been popular with that style for ages now - and for some reason everyone really loves those spectacular and ridiculous feats taken directly from Hollywood. It's about as far from a sober dark fantasy setting that I can imagine, and it reminds me how cautious I should be expecting anything in terms of story or setting.

But the game itself looks better by the day, and even if I don't expect much in terms of story or characters, I'm starting to believe in the mechanics being more than just fluff for the modern casual audience. It seems there might be some depth to it, and that's really more than I expected originally.

I'll have fun with it, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Cool trailer, but videos like these always make me think, "the game will never be close to this cool."

Warhammer Online's opening cinematic was the same way for me. Or the Age of Conan opener with the rogue at that beginning -- it's like, "hello, player ... watch this video of things your character can never do in game."

That's why I prefer in-engine movies -- at least they're honest.

I know they aren't meant to sell the gameplay so much as the story, but still ...

Back
Top Bottom