Redfall - New game from Arkane.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
So, Arkane's new game was revealed today, and…

…honestly, I don't know what to think about that. It's certainly not what I expected or wanted from them though.

Shame I liked their past games but the new direction of going MP and Co-op just doesn't grab my interest. I wonder if poor sales of past games had something to do with it?

As the latest Dishonored & Prey games underperformed according to Bethesda.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty disappointed myself. It’s 4 player co-op, so likely not for me, even though you could play it solo. These sorts of games tend to be really shallow in the areas I care about: story/lore.

What’s with the current obsession with these co-op games. Do they tend to sell microtransactions, or do they just generally sell well?

I am with Couch on this. I really enjoyed the trailer a lot and at first was like this looks cool .. then saw it was co-op. Boo :p

What's with the current obsession with these co-op games. Do they tend to sell microtransactions, or do they just generally sell well?

Honestly? I'm starting to think a lot of the mainstream simply likes shit games. ;)

Prey and the Dishonored series are stellar imo, but, like Couch mentioned, they apparently didn't perform up to Bethesda's standards sales-wise.

Yeah, to me this is a huge failure of epic proportions. I was really hoping for something sublime, and I got seriously rick-rolled instead.

honestly, I don't know what to think about that. It's certainly not what I expected or wanted from them though.

Maybe a mix of Left for Dead and Overwatch. Meh, I say! Nothing that I'll care about!

Last edited:
I thought this "genre" had died due to lack of public interest, weird to see someone making copies of Left4Dead at this stage. Not for me anyway.

It looks very millennial in that sickening way, from the stylistic choices to the level of banter. I wish developers would bring back real conversation rather than chit without the chat.

1745213531.jpg
:LOL:
they can fuck off

I've given up on that sort of thing, needing a singleplayer game to always work offline.
Especially in games that I'll likely not replay more than once.

My main concern with RedFall is that I still don't know what kind of a game it is.
The recent Microsoft video did almost nothing to illuminate if it will have a significant story/narrative component, or if it's mostly a co-op looter.
It feels very directionless. But there is something there that could be cool if it has a good and chunky story element.
Unfortunately, we've not really seen anything.

Another thing I'm curios is, if you choose to play singleplayer, are you on your own, or do they intend for you to have AI controlled squad members. I hope it's the former.

Needing an online connection with a service like Steam is vastly different then needing an online connection to play SP on a server. Some people just can't understand that it seems.

I tolerate one but despise the other option.

It's the former.

That's good to hear, but this part is not so good to hear:
"When played alone, the game becomes less action-centric and focused on reconnaissance, gathering information on your enemies, and scouting them out to plan your best method of attack. "

Had he said, when played alone you have more time to immerse yourself into the world, its story, etc, I would've been more happy. Unless the game has a good solid narrative component, I'm afraid I might skip this. I really have no motivation to just go through combat encounters. But we'll see. Maybe it's just a marketing blunder that they're not mentioning or showing any cinematics, story, NPCs talking etc. I do hope the game is at least somewhat similar to Dishonored, in terms of how they deal with the story.

Back
Top Bottom