January 21st, 2019, 12:08
Anyone know if PB is working Elex 2?

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

January 21st, 2019, 15:27
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I think Beserker is the toughest faction to play because they don't have any overpowered abilities (i.e. Cleric's Black Hole)
I could definitely imagine that being the case. I used the Rusty Axe for a long time; progressed from that to a chainsaber, then to a broadsword. The first change alone felt amazing. I upgraded that from I-II stupidly not realising the rise in stat requirements so had to switch for awhile to a two-hander. I didn't like the slowness of that, so I went back to the Broadsword II when I could and stayed with it for the rest of the game. I poisoned and socketed it to III late game. Combined with the poison aura, it was a fairly strong combination. I could strike and then use fleeing/jetpack as a weapon. The beserker magic in general was ok, but I didn't rely upon it that heavily.

For ranged, I avoided the redeemer and didn't upgrade the war bows. But I did use the Executor - especially for handling the fighting colossus. They were satisfying to demolish late game as well.

It bodes well for the game that many times I found myself mumbling under my breath "so much for you, filthy beast!" after defeating previously encountered, brutal enemies (Molochs, Slugbeasts, Patron and Mountain Trolls all of whom could easily one shot me.)
I had so much fun luring the Moloch north of that small farm back to the farmers where that defecting "Rock" character was hanging out and seeing the mayhem that ensued from a rooftop. Those unpredictable elements made Elex so much fun at times.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I have to say I found Magalan considerably more interesting to explore than the island in Risen. Faranga was much smaller and kind of generic by comparison.
I can understand that view for sure. One aspect which detracted a little from this for me was the monster placement which got a little haphazard and overly heavy towards the end of the game. Skull level mobs were often placed in clumps quite close to teleporters for example. One section of the valley of the damned was crazy.
I also stopped bothering to crack safes after awhile as the effort for their contents didn't seem worth it.

That said, I reckon I only found half of those map pieces for that puzzle in Origin, so that's something for a replay. I think I missed one or two photographs for that achievement as well.

@Lemonhead. Thankfully, yes! HiddenX reported it here: https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37333

One thing I'd like to see return in Elex 2 from PB's previous games, is the ability to loot stunned or knocked out opponents. It'd be great to have the choice of whether to inflict the coup de grace as well; as I loved that ferocious mechanic from Gothic.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

January 21st, 2019, 15:34
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Anyone know if PB is working Elex 2?
Yep. It has been confirmed.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander
+1:

January 22nd, 2019, 00:53
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
I could definitely imagine that being the case. I used the Rusty Axe for a long time; progressed from that to a chainsaber, then to a broadsword. The first change alone felt amazing. I upgraded that from I-II stupidly not realising the rise in stat requirements so had to switch for awhile to a two-hander. I didn't like the slowness of that, so I went back to the Broadsword II when I could and stayed with it for the rest of the game. I poisoned and socketed it to III late game. Combined with the poison aura, it was a fairly strong combination. I could strike and then use fleeing/jetpack as a weapon. The beserker magic in general was ok, but I didn't rely upon it that heavily.

For ranged, I avoided the redeemer and didn't upgrade the war bows. But I did use the Executor - especially for handling the fighting colossus. They were satisfying to demolish late game as well.
My end-game weapons were a Broadsword III enchanted with fire and a War Bow III. I stayed away from guns for the most part. I felt like it would be more fun to concentrate on bows and save guns for a future playthrough. I did play around with flamethrowers briefly but felt like they were too overpowered. They were slightly nerfed in a patch, but I think I had already finished the game by then.

Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
It bodes well for the game that many times I found myself mumbling under my breath "so much for you, filthy beast!" after defeating previously encountered, brutal enemies (Molochs, Slugbeasts, Patron and Mountain Trolls all of whom could easily one shot me.)
I had so much fun luring the Moloch north of that small farm back to the farmers where that defecting "Rock" character was hanging out and seeing the mayhem that ensued from a rooftop. Those unpredictable elements made Elex so much fun at times.
I remember my first encounter with a Patron after dropping down into a crevice in the Valley of the Damned. It scared the shit out of me. Those things were a nightmare. PB really outdid themselves with the monster design.

Speaking of unpredictable elements, one of the cooler things I saw was when one of those feathered velociraptor things tried to follow me into the Beserker camp. The guard immediately attacked it, and while they were fighting it got knocked into the torch by the gate and burst into flame. Up to that point, I wasn't aware some of the monsters were flammable.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2019, 02:02
Just started a real play through of this. Iíd messed around with it a bit near release but shelved it for some reason.

Just wondering did they make the beginning of the game easier, i remember not being able to really kill anything last time. This time Iím able to kill several monsters and even cleared the reaver camp next to the ruin where you get the cleric weapons before you go to the bezerker camp. Didnít even bring duras, left him at the ruin. I suppose i could go up to ultra.

Tried to kill the troll but it 1 hit me.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex » Elex First Impressions