The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

No kidding, gothic metal my ass, dont make me laugh!

I have to say that I was totally disappointed w/ Harem, so there's no way I'm buying this one. For me, Eden was the last Brightman cd worth buying, and even that was pushing it, everything else from that point on is now totally mired in some kind of post-pop garbage. Where's the operatic vocals? Where's all the classical? Waste of a good voice

Listening to Sweeney Todd soundtrack, definitely worth the purchase if'n you like the film

Last edited:
The Contest - Sweeney Todd soundtrack

This is one of my favorite parts of the film, Todd and this flaky barber have a "shave off" to see who the fastest barber is.

"To shave-a da face
Or even a part
Widout it-a smart
Require da heart

Not just-a da flash
It take-a Panash
It take-a da passion for da art

To shave-a da face
To trim-a da beard
To make-a da bristle
Clean like a whistle
Dis is from early infancy
Da talent give to me by God

It take-a da skill
It take-a da brains
It take-a da will
To take-a da pains
It take-a da pace
It take-a da grace"

No kidding, gothic metal my ass, dont make me laugh!

I have to say that I was totally disappointed w/ Harem, so there's no way I'm buying this one. For me, Eden was the last Brightman cd worth buying, and even that was pushing it, everything else from that point on is now totally mired in some kind of post-pop garbage. Where's the operatic vocals? Where's all the classical? Waste of a good voice

Listening to Sweeney Todd soundtrack, definitely worth the purchase if'n you like the film

Sorry you were dissappointed with Harem. If it's the opera stuff you liked, then this new album is probably more to your taste, because that's what 80% of it is,.. it's just not goth, which is what I wanted.

Powerglove - "Video Game Metal"

Pretty much all instrumentals so far, the Power Wisdom Courage Zelda track rocks

Good Lord of the Tigers, the "Mario Minor" track must be heard to be believed!

This guy can really play the guitar, holy maccanollli

Last edited:
I've got the ep coming. Hopefully it will be a winner, and then I can pick up the full length when it comes out in April.
"How Will the Others Survive" by Tears Run Rings
(expect to see Au Revoir Simone, Elika, and TRR in the near future since I should be getting my care package from toneVendor in the next couple days)

Happiness is finding another absolute doom band w/ a full catalog for me to explore -

Shape of Despair

That Angels of Distress track is great, they got full songs up there, and theyre all like 5+ minutes long (as doom tracks are wont to be)

Pyramaze - What lies beyond
You can listen to it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYriF89HPxQ

I don't like Lance King's vocals but I have to say tah I'm very much looking forward to their next album which qill contain Iced Earth's Matt Barlow voice. :)

I'm currently listening to album
Pain Of Salvation - "Remedy Lane"
And it's masterpiece :)

here's you got the official video to the song by this band (not from the Remedy lane cd)http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=M-5cn4o5oDY

I like the theme, but I have a hard time w/ most power metal vocals, they just feel too 80's for me

Hmm I don't know if you are talking about Pyramaze (which I agree has powermetal vocals which i don't like very much.) or Pain Of Salvation, which vocalist has absolutely nothing in common with power metal vocalists, more of David Gilmour vocal actually. The whole Pain of Salvation also doesn't have anything in common with Power Metal, it's more of Progressive/Alternative Metal.:)

Good Lord of the Tigers! I rarely am impressed w/ new albums by gothic/doom metal acts, they pretty much always change for the worse. I cant believe how good the new Draconian is. If youre into that sort of thing

Even cooler, they pretty much put up full songs, quite a few too.

Draconian's Myspace

Just witnessed a threesome (or rather, foursome) with Coppelius, (Neuland), Letzte Instanz and Tanzwut.
I'll write a report once I'll return (I'm out of town now). Still very impressed!

Last edited:
I've been working on Elika, Au Revoir Simone, and Tears Run Rings as promised. Pretty sure I've linked all 3 recently, so I won't hit y'al again.

Well, last Thursday I spent nearly all day finishing up a website design contract, and I was streaming Au Revoir Simone pretty much the whole time. I'm hooked. So, dte, do you know if it is an album I can buy in stores or do I have to order it like you did? - I usually prefer to buy mine in stores simply because I hate waiting on shipping, but I don't wanna go on a wild goose chase.

10 Years - Beautiful (current single but the album isn't out yet...never tried finding it on the internet)

Also Wasteland by the same band (10 years)...first song that completely blew me away since the early 90's.

The fact that the band is from Knoxville, TN where I grew up is cool, but didn't really matter.

Haven't a clue, Jabber. I'd be willing to bet it's pretty hard to find, though. I bought it from toneVendor. Highly recommended if you have to do the mail order thing. Good folks, fair prices, and the best place to buy shoegaze/dreampop in the whole wide world.

Heard this on Vertigo and just have to share. More abrasive than my usual fare, but still some common threads.

"Broadcast to the Addicted" by Drakes Hotel

Back
Top Bottom