Gothic 3 Patch 1.12

I think you mean the last 3 -> 1.08, 1.09 and 1.12 and don't forget that Jowood made an unofficial patch for the game too.

You're wright.

I remember not installing .08 when I installed .09 the last time.
That's why I forgot about that one. :biggrin:

And I'm not touching the unofficial patch with a 40 foot pole.
No no no...

Speaking of it, has anyone tried the unofficial one and what, if anything, happened?

Speaking of it, has anyone tried the unofficial one and what, if anything, happened?

Yes, I did. Nothing happened :) .
Seriously, it's just a few quest/dialogue fixes. So you will only notice anything if/when you happen upon the NPCs and the related quests. It doesn't do anything else or at least no one has encountered any other side effects yet.
It should be completely safe. What the modders did is they just fixed a few typos, logical errors, relationships between entities and that kind of stuff (script bugs). It doesn't/shouldn't affect anything that's really important since it's simply not reaching deep enough to mess with any essential core elements of the game.

...and don't forget that Jowood made an unofficial patch for the game too.

It's not really made by JoWooD. It was made and is still being worked on by community members from the JW and WoG forums.
JoWooD is only supporting them by opening up the source code to a few select members but if anything will come out of that (i.e. out of granting folks access to the source materials) at all or when that will happen (if ever) is anyone's guess. It will certainly take months, not weeks.
Script bug fixes on the other hand (like the ones we've seen up to now) should become available much more quickly so if anyone is interested in the unofficial patching efforts, it would make sense to check for updates of that community fix regularly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom