Skyrim - What the Next Game Should Fix

I'd say the Skyrim pro vs con crowds around here are fairly equal. There are some irrational Bethesda haters, but the backlash from the fanboys easily matches the supposed "too cool for Skyrim" crowd. In reality, you can't say anything negative about Skyrim around here, or even simply point out factual things, without certain people showing up and attempting to rationalize why you're wrong.

I've been a Beth fan since Daggerfall which I still think is one of the best crpgs made in the 90's despite the massive flaws. I've played all their games, and I have a higher opinion of FO 3&4 than most around here. That said, I think TES has been overrated as far as mainstream reviews are concerned. There's no way in hell Oblivion (or FO3) should have scored in the 90s, and every Beth game since Morrowind has scored significantly lower with actual gamers than critics.

Realistically, most of their games are in the 70-80 range without mods. Although I think FO4 is actually a little underrated, and I'm perplexed by how low the user scores are for it.

70-80 range? It's subjective but that IMO is craziness. :p

The 3 modern TES games are all 90+ for me. No other RPG gives me the type of huge immersive and expansive experience that TES do and I imagine many others feel the same way. You can spend 300+ hours easily in each of the 3 modern TES games.

But I don't really care if you agree, so no need to cue the "butthurt/fanboy" comments. It ain't that serious. :p

70-80 range? It's subjective but that IMO is craziness. :p

The 3 modern TES games are all 90+ for me. No other RPG gives me the type of huge immersive and expansive experience that TES do and I imagine many others feel the same way. You can spend 300+ hours easily in each of the 3 modern TES games.

But I don't really care if you agree, so no need to cue the "butthurt/fanboy" comments. It ain't that serious. :p

Well yeah, I'm pretty sure most of us expected that from you. You seem to rate the majority of games you've played that high, so nothing new there.

Well yeah, I'm pretty sure most of us expected that from you. You seem to rate the majority of games you've played that high, so nothing new there.

I don't rate a lot of games as high as the TES games, though. It's true I haven't played many RPGs I didn't care for but regardless of that the 3 modern TES games are higher than most on my list.

Seriously Caddy, sure we have a couple of haters, but most of us even admit to liking Skyrim while still pointing out what we consider are the biggest flaws. It's called discussions, and it's fun.

If one can't take some troll posts, is hard to discuss anything on the Internet. I prefer the Watch over the Codex because there it's 10 troll posts to one interesting post, here it's the other way around.

It's mostly about opinions in the end, and as long as opinions are what we're discussing, we're bound to disagree. And God would it be boring if we didn't.

tumblr_lob3hs_FSKj1qj41h3o1_500.png

It's as if Caddy's account has been commandeered by his 10 year old kid with a fascination for Spiderman. Oh well. Time for that ignore list.

Must be one of those mid life Spiderman crisis. Probably has a picture for that, too. :p

Back
Top Bottom