HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that Nioh will be released for the PC on November 7:

Nioh: Complete Edition coming to PC, release date set

Alongside all three DLC packs.

After launching exclusively on PS4 consoles back in February, Team Ninja's uber-challenging action role-player Nioh is coming to PC.

Due November 7, 2017, Nioh: Complete Edition will include the base game (which our sister site GamesRadar seemed keen on at launch) and its three DLC expansions—Dragon of the North, Defiant Honour, and Bloodshed’s End. Said to flaunt "stunning high-end resolution graphics", the Complete Edition will come with an Action Mode and Movie Mode, which promise a "stable" 60fps and 4K support respectively. Nioh's newest outing also includes a new item, the Dharmachakra Kabuto helmet.

"Team Ninja is well aware of the fact that many gamers have been passionately asking for a PC version of Nioh," says game director Fumihiko Yasuda in a statement. "I am thrilled to announce that this massocore game will finally be available for our die-hard PC fans in Nioh: Complete Edition! I hope you all enjoy the unforgettable drama and deeply challenging Yokai battles this action-packed experience has to offer."

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I tried a bit of this on PS4 and it is TOUGH. Partly a learning curve, but even the first few enemies can and will kill you. First mini-"boss" wasn't too hard once you figure it out... avoid/roll from his charge and hit him in the back (which is what a LOT of Dark Souls was about).

I didn't play much though.

Yeah, this is the kind of eastern-style game that I tend to avoid. I much prefer the turn based old school ones myself, but I'm sure there are people that will enjoy this one and others like it. I'm waiting for more Disgaea's to be brought over to the home computer!

Thanks for the info. Never heard about this game anyway.
One less title to spend the $ on.

It's an action game for sure. I never considered DS to be an RPG. It's a tense, deliberate action game with about 1000 ways to build unique characters: from overpowered (for DS, at least) to horribly underpowered, squishy wizards to armored tanks with halberds, to a guy in a diaper with a stick.

It's the best melee battle simulator ever made IMO, but it's not really an RPG. There are NPCs with story lines, and quests of sorts, but it's more like some giant, devious puzzle.

Nioh is much faster, and looks really beautiful from an art direction standpoint. Colorful, horrific Japanese demons, crazy armor and weapons. I may give it another shot. I've read that if you grind for enough gear it actually becomes easier (this is NOT entirely true of DS, no matter what people say)

(this is NOT entirely true of DS, no matter what people say)

I do agree - they balanced DS to a significant (obsession) degree so every time you scale up or upgrade or ascend a weapon, they decrease some elemental or physical damage in the weapons and increase elemental damage in enemies. It is impossible to break this system in DS, and one has to rely on reflexes to outweigh this balance - but it is enjoyable (at least the virtual belief that one is getting stronger!).

never heard of this but if its like dark souls, then ill enjoy it for sure...tho i got a feeling this will be a complete shit port haha

A good port?

Dunno why I opened some article on requirements as I said no buy.

Minimum requirements:
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 VRAM 3GB
- 100 GB HDD space

8bd5bceb31fccdd4411b99324cf832c679b71b341f702550ab03898927a28fe3.gif

Even if there was a chance to buy this port sometime in the future that runs on pisspoor consoles hardware...
Just... No.

Back
Top Bottom