Witcher - Making Of

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamesN tells the story of CD Projekt Red and The Witcher:

How CD Projekt Red found the road that took them to The Witcher

Crossroads have been a fixture of The Witcher for ten years - present in quest names, implied by the signpost markers on Wild Hunt’s map, and of course, seen everywhere in the meandering highways of the games themselves. They have become the defining image of a Slavic fantasy tale in which adventure lies just down the road. A series which began, fittingly enough, with a fork in the path.

CD Projekt had existed since 1994, as a distributor importing CD-ROMs into Poland. Their job was to localise games like Baldur’s Gate, and it was not an easy one. The company was competing with the huge free market that held sway in Warsaw at the time - selling PC games to an audience unaccustomed to paying.
[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Shame they abandoned the aesthetic, UI and combat of the first game.

Shame they abandoned the aesthetic, UI and combat of the first game.

Whoa! First time in history I agree with you. The End must be nigh!

First time in history I disagree with him.
The worst engine ever, Aurora, needed to die even before the first witcher game. It's a good thing CDpr ditched it.

First time in history I disagree with him.
The worst engine ever, Aurora, needed to die even before the first witcher game. It's a good thing CDpr ditched it.

Why do you keep commenting stuff you don't know jack $hit about? CDProjekt Red just licenced ONE module of the Aurora engine for The Witcher: It was the Scripting Engine that was mostly used for quests and dialogues and NPC behaviour.

EVERYTHING ELSE, from grafics to sound was completely made from scratch by the polish creators.

Why do you keep commenting stuff you don't know jack $hit about?
Don't I?
Whatever, I'm an evil character, you already know it. And Aurora, any part of it, is still bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom