Pillars of Eternity - Thoughts & Impressions

The bug may be fixed for others who haven't triggered it though. The Heart of Rime or somesuch chant and other abilities that leave behind "summons" could have been the cause? The did say that save games would be cleaned up. May be worth a try.

Oh, I'll try it. Here's hoping. I would love to jump back in ASAP. :)

They asked Fluent for his save game, but I didn't see him responding. Did you send them the save, Flu? They were asking for people's saves in the thread.

I didn't see them asking me for my save game. Do you have a link? :thinking:

I would gladly send the save over. Last time I checked the thread, others who were having the same problem were sharing their save games and what not.

Okay the combat in this game is really taking away from the game itself. I am almost at the point of deleting it complete from my system.

If I stop commands, I want them stopped!!!! I don't need someone in my party to run off into an area that is still covered inviting more to the fight.

DO:S and I hate to bring it up, I had ZERO issues. Even if the combat was hard at times it your party did what you wanted them too…

yeah this. I'm not about to quit but its not enjoyable. I think part of the problem is the combat queue is over near the bottom left or somesuch. I don't even know why they say they have one.

For those having trouble dealing with chaos and confusion in big fights, zoom into the cluster$%^& and also look at your combat log. It helps to clear things up, especially if you have certain of the autopause options selected. It does make the combat rather herky jerky, but at least it's understandable and controllable.

I'll give this a shot.

Strange. I have no problem determining what's going on most of the time, unless there's a cloud of particle effects or object obscuring the view (which does happen once in awhile).

I did find that Slow Mode makes things a lot better for me. Pay attention to the engagement graphics as well, that helps! :)

@LD As soon as I did that, it stopped my characters from running off at the end of combat, pretty much, I think. May have to do with queuing up (or overwriting) commands… And yes, RTwP combat shouldn't have to be babysat like this… Kind of ruins its value…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom