Direct2Drive and GOG Sales

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Lucky Day writes in that Direct2Drive's five year anniversary sale now has several RPGs (and MMOs) on offer - and there are some outstanding deals, although they seem limited to NA in the main.
Titan Quest Bundle, Elven Legacy, NWN2: Storm of Zehir, and Drakensang are all available this week for only five bucks (head over for the MMOs and other less RPG-y games).
Over at GOG, Tom Ohle points out their Spellforce: Platinum deal of $7.99 deal for this week as their Hidden Gem of the Week.
More information.

For $5 you don't need to float a boat, just a canoe.

Thanks for the heads up wouldn't have known without this. Picked up Titan Quest, Drakensang and X-Com. I'm sure I can live without any of them but for $15 its hard to complain.

Titan Quest + expansion is a heck of a deal at that price, and so is Drakensang. Spellforce: Platinum for $8 is a good bargain as well.

It must be nice to be able to get these games for so little. Too bad D2D doesn't give a rat's behind about the rest of the world.

Now GoG on the other hand is great. They'll even to sell to someone that isn't in North America :D

wow that really sucks. There needs to be some sort of virtual underground railroad for all you oppressed foreign gamers

Naahh. Just won't ever buy anything from D2D. There is always GoG, impulse and Steam. I never had any problem with them.

I'm with you skavenhorde but they all do it to some extent or another (D2D is the worst, no doubt).

Impulse wouldn't sell me Space Rangers: Reboot and Steam has refused a few things -- or charges a higher localised price. Still, D2D sucks for non-NA users.

Seriously, Impulse? I didn't even know they refused any sale based on region. I've heard of a few problems with steam, but never encountered any…yet. I'm just surprised Impulse was like that as well. Stardock has always had my admiration for the way the handled DRM. They seemed to go against the corporate norm and take the road less traveled.

Thanks for that, Dhruin. I'll have to check out the products a little more carefully next time. It definitely sucks they wouldn't sell you reboot. That game is the best.

I know you probably have it by now, but this site has reboot and it seems to let you buy a game from anywhere. It says right in the headline "Download Games Anytime Anywhere" I just found it searching for a downloadable Space Rangers 2 (No one should go without playing that game. That's just wrong :)) Anyways, that site is going in my favorites if they're true to their word with being able to get it from anywhere.

Bleh for North America only.:( Drakensang for five bucks would have been a steal...

Sadly, the ones I'm interested in (Drakensang, Elven Legacy) I already bought.

boy I wish these came with discs

I'm going to grab a copy of NWN2: SoZ which I've held off on so far. And maybe drakensang which I've barely got out of the gate because the price is so good.

Elven Legacy I hadn't heard of. TBS it looks like. Any good?

Luckyday, Elven Legacy is the expansion to Fantasy Wars. I played Fantasy Wars and that was a fun TBS game. It had a few neat additions like being able to upgrade your units. One thing that many reviewers and I agree upon is that the AI is not terribly bright. It's still fun and it can be challenging at times, but mostly because the AI gets better or more units than you. It's still fun and if you don't use the right unit against certain opponents...well, you are orc food.

I haven't bought Elven Legacy because it is taking forever to get to Taiwan. Once it gets here I'll grab it and be able to tell you more about it.

Here are some reviews for Fantasy Wars and Elven Legacy.

Fantasy wars and Eleven legacy are modern successors to Fantasy General. Try the demo to see if you like it or not. I have them both.

Oh just one thing. Remember to play on easy-difficulty. These are very hard and frustrating games on normal difficulty even.

Zakhal, I gotta disagree with you there. It was just about perfect on normal difficulty. Not the easiest game in the world, but not that hard either if you use the right units for the job.

The AI is easy to take advantage of using some basic tactics. Even though it might have more units or more powerful units, you have a huge advantage in being able to out smart it. :)

Back
Top Bottom