|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Gothic 1/2 » First time playing Gothic

Default First time playing Gothic

March 10th, 2015, 20:37
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
Fluent are you going to continue your gothic 2 gold playthrough ?
Yup! With the D3D11 renderer . As soon as I build/order my new PC, which should be in the next few days, I will continue all of my Let's Plays, including Gothic 2, NWN Saleron's Gambit module, and the others.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)

April 29th, 2015, 00:52
Hi there!

I just got Gothic 2, really cheap at a local gamestore. I've been reading this thread, and I'm really excited about it. Should I buy Gothic 1 first, or can I just jump into the action of the second game? is there any story between the 2 of them?

Thank you guys for sharing so much info about this games

TiagoRocha

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 29th, 2015, 00:54
There's story but they are mostly separate. enjoy!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

April 29th, 2015, 01:25
You could start the second game and follow the story with no problems, but you should play Gothic 1 anyway because it is a really good game.

Ron Obvious

Watcher

+1:

April 29th, 2015, 01:27
TiagoRocha, I would suggest playing Gothic 1 first. It introduces characters that you will come to love and then later see in Gothic 2, and helps you understand a bit of the backstory and lore that the world has.

Now, it's not absolutely necessary to play G1 first, but if you're really into the "premium experience", I would start with G1.

G1 is an amazing, amazing game, by the way. I love both in the series but G1 has some great stuff to put it mildly!

Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your time with the games! Nice to see some new faces playing the classics.

Deleted User

April 29th, 2015, 01:28
Start with Gothic 1. It will make the experience of both games better if you play them in order.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

April 29th, 2015, 01:56
Originally Posted by TiagoRocha View Post
Hi there!

I just got Gothic 2, really cheap at a local gamestore. I've been reading this thread, and I'm really excited about it. Should I buy Gothic 1 first, or can I just jump into the action of the second game? is there any story between the 2 of them?

Thank you guys for sharing so much info about this games
Playing Gothic first gives you a bit of an edge because you already know some of the characters. The other plus is that you'll have almost zero learning curve from Gothic to G2. Apart from that there's nothing wrong in diving directly into G2.
I can't stress enough though that you should look up the controls. They aren't complicated but definitely not intuitive. A little bit of reading will solve the issue in 3*5 minutes.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2015, 23:09
Thanks everyone for the feedback
I'm looking for Gothic 1, I enjoy having it original, if not, GOG or Steam will do. I'll eventually share my experiences with the rest of the comunity

TiagoRocha

Traveler

+1:

May 22nd, 2015, 23:24
Originally Posted by TiagoRocha View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback
I'm looking for Gothic 1, I enjoy having it original, if not, GOG or Steam will do. I'll eventually share my experiences with the rest of the comunity
Please do!

And if you have a gaming mouse with extra buttons, now is the time to use it. The default controls are a bit different than any other game you've played, and a gaming mouse with extra buttons to re-map keys to makes a huge difference.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying the original controls are bad, but I just mapped different buttons to my mouse because I was able to. I haven't even played with the default controls.

Deleted User

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Gothic 1/2 » First time playing Gothic