Elder Scrolls Online - Saving the ES MMO

"MMO" is not a genre.

Interesting, because Firor said,
Matt Firor said:
the process has also changed his own conception of what an MMO can be.

"In the year 2014, and especially in the year 2016, what is an MMO?" he asked. "It's a rhetorical question of course. An MMO is, at this point, pretty much a technology and not to a game. When people say MMO, what they really mean is EverQuest circa 2004. World of Warcraft. Dark Age of Camelot. Games that have a very specific set of features.

"I would say that Destiny is just as much an MMO as any other game that has ever been made. But it's not what you would think of as a traditional MMO. And we were in that category when we started ESO. We were making a traditional MMO. But we ended up making something very different.

Do most of you guys play on the EU server and do you have a guild? I'm on the US server so probably won't get to see you guys, sadly. Though by making 1-50 harder if might have fixed the issue that made me quit a couple of months ago, when they killed veteran levels. So I'll probably try updating it now.

I've played a lot but quit when they made the Champion Points account wide. I spent 2 years (on and off) playing using Fast Report mod to tag and report cheaters and botters. To me, seems they had turned the game over to the botters, because now they could fast level a group then have full access to Champ Points, which they couldn't before with Veteran levels. As others stated 1-50 was a cake walk. Not to mention they seemingly killed the game for people who like to do quests like myself.

I'm on the NA server.

It used to be VERY easy to grind up levels in the sewers with a pal or 2, so I don't see why anyone would cheat to do so. That may be different now.

It's not my style to grind to 50, although I can see the advantages to be able to quickly try other classes and builds for end game PvE and PvP, where most of the challenge exists.

BTW, the Halloween holiday event ends in 11 days. Before that you can earn %100 more XP by doing the event quest.

Yeah, if you were doing pvp or grinding in the sewers you probably never saw them. I've been seeing them since pre-release and it's easy to spot. You see a group traveling but instead of how a normal group of 3 or 4 real people travel, botters travel in single file to the leader.

I can't say now since the changes but especially in the starter zones like Stonefalls, they were often found just west of Ebonheart in the swamps. They grind there in the swampy area, basically a grindy spot or world bosses on each map.

Yeah, thanks for the Halloween event info, started updating after reading this thread. Oddly even though my directory is about 50+gig prepatch, it looks like a huge update. I just downloaded 2.5 gig and it was about 4% before it started patching. :bored:

Yeah the updates can be ridiculously huge downloads. One Tamriel in particular.

I try to do them when I have access to a 1 GB network. At home, on DSL, they can take hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom