Kingmaker - Turn-based Combat Mod

I'm sure it will not be for those who need to rush through or are impatient, but for the patient gamer out there it seems this is a must have.

Watching streamers failing to play Rimworld RTwP impresses in a way they feel the game is either too slow or too fast.

They have no patience, which is probably one cause they fail.

RTwP requires patience, it demands patience. It is about shaping a battlefield to achieve the proper configuration to act accordingly.

RTwP is waiting for the right moment, the right position, the right opportunity.
Act, wait until it is right time to act again.
RTwP or RT is about timing and timing is patience.

UgoIgo socalled RPGs disrupts the connection to time way more. Little stuff to show patience about.

I definitely check this out when I finally play.

I love the spacing that turn base combat provides but it can turn in to a slog if fights get too big.

I’m really not a big fan of large scale fights regardless of combat system I prefer small more difficult encounters.

I simply cant imagine someone right in mind playing this game in TB mode!:S It has already enough of dragging mechanics, like Kingdom management or resting, to go now through every trash mob battle after battle in TB mode! Especially if it all depends on crit score and save game scumming - didn't get big crit - wipe, reload and sit there again for 5 min in hopes for that crit! Really, can someone find fun in this?
This just sounds like you are really bad at the game and don't understand its mechanics.
I am sorry but L2P is a perfect response to posts like yours.

This just sounds like you are really bad at the game and don't understand its mechanics.

If someone was really bad at the game, they would probably be pining for TB over RTwP.

yeah, yeah, Im sooooo bad

I don't recall having to reload for criticals? They are supposed to be rare, and are not required to win fights - at least not on 'normal'… What is needed is quite a good understanding of the PF rules, so you can play tactically - I have played PF tabletop campaigns so know them well. I can imagine if you come in without this knowledge it would be a lot harder, and seem a bit arbitrary… that said, I do feel that the RNG yielded way more values below the mean than above on 1d20…although people will assure me that that's a bias and I only remember bad rolls…

I don't know where you get the idea that someone who prefers RTwP must be really bad at the game and not understand its mechanics.

Because the guy made an allusion to the fact that his gameplay method, and reason for liking RTwP, revolved around reloading for crits, which, obviously (?) suggests that perhaps he's not doing something a bit more in tune with playing 'well'. The RTwP or TB aspect of his point is fairly irellevant, under either system he's doing something a bit unconventional.

Because the guy made an allusion to the fact that his gameplay method, and reason for liking RTwP, revolved around reloading for crits, which, obviously (?) suggests that perhaps he's not doing something a bit more in tune with playing 'well'. The RTwP or TB aspect of his point is fairly irellevant, under either system he's doing something a bit unconventional.

His allusion was primarily about the additional time involved with TB on top of kingdom management and other time consuming mechanics. I can see that being a perfectly valid concern if there are a lot of trash mobs.

His allusion was primarily about the additional time involved with TB on top of kingdom management and other time consuming mechanics. I can see that being a perfectly valid concern if there are a lot of trash mobs.

He also made that point, yes, but Archangel was responding to the crit issue, as you'll notice @booboo; did as well.

I'm not sure how TB would effect kingdom management or resting as these aren't combat situations? That's just a general point about making the whole game longer which has already been made by others more distinctly and a point that seems to be universally valid and didn't draw @Archangel; 's wrath/wit.

On the topic of trash mobs, I tend to stop reading posts that use the term trash mobs as it's very rarely trash mobs that are being discussed but rather someone just expressing that the game has too much combat, which will be a different threshold for each individual person - one man's trash is another man's gold and all that.

Trash mobs is usually just a covert way to insult something nowadays, if something actually is trash mobs then I'd be delighted to hear why.

Cool, but none of that invalidates his primary concern.. that TB takes longer in what he apparently already perceives to be a lengthy game.

Anyways, it's obviously a moot point since no one is forcing him to use the mod.

I don't recall having to reload for criticals? They are supposed to be rare, and are not required to win fights - at least not on 'normal'… What is needed is quite a good understanding of the PF rules, so you can play tactically - I have played PF tabletop campaigns so know them well. I can imagine if you come in without this knowledge it would be a lot harder, and seem a bit arbitrary… that said, I do feel that the RNG yielded way more values below the mean than above on 1d20…although people will assure me that that's a bias and I only remember bad rolls…

I didn't have any PF experience but didn't find the combat too difficult to understand (but I did spend a lot of time reading all the abilities and spells), maybe because I was exposed to D&D 3/3.5 edition? :)

His primary concern was that the game was already too slow due to needing to reload and shit.
From his post it didn't seem he had a problem with TB but with game design itself.
But from my experience and from many others his issues are not the problem of the game but his lack of knowledge of the game's rules. For that I gave him L2P reply.

I didn't have any PF experience but didn't find the combat too difficult to understand (but I did spend a lot of time reading all the abilities and spells), maybe because I was exposed to D&D 3/3.5 edition? :)

Yep, PF is basically DnD 3.5++ so if you know 3.5, you're pretty much up to speed :)

His primary concern was that the game was already too slow due to needing to reload and shit.

The post is in the thread and might read stating that PF is already loaded with dragging mechanics (rest, kingdom management) and that turning it UgoIgo would necessarily add another dragging cause, mounting up to the possible addition of the nefarious probability milking UgoIgo style save and reload.

The post is in the thread and might read stating that PF is already loaded with dragging mechanics (rest, kingdom management) and that turning it UgoIgo would necessarily add another dragging cause, mounting up to the possible addition of the nefarious probability milking UgoIgo style save and reload.
You should read his post again. His main complaint is that he spends 5 minutes doing trash fights because he needs to reload until he gets a crit.
That just means he is terrible at the game and needs to L2P.

Which post. Post 17 states that the product already has dragging mechanics (rest, kindgom management) and that making it UgoIgo would introduce another dragging mechanics, building up to save and reload common habits.

Pointless to claim that adding UgoIgo could introduce save and reload if the habit is already in.

Save and reload to milk probabilities is common in UgoIgo probability based products, less in RT or RTwP.

Back
Top Bottom