Elex Technical issues

Also, the lockpicking minigame is bugged. You can simply cancel out of it and the chest will open automatically.

This is a great find! I hope they never fix it.

I haven't seen the lock-pick bug myself. Hacking has worked okay but I have only done once so hardly a good test :p

On a side note - just because I mentioned it - I restarted. Found a save with only about 3 hours lost that was close to talking to the converter quest guy. It worked out to my benefit as I also found a ring - my first one - that added +20 to HP and +10 to stamina so that was worth the lost 3 hours all things considered. Plus I didn't have to kill the guy and Jora was happy.

Also bows can be deadly. Brought up a lot of arrows from the hunter guy (who I like a lot). Still melee a lot but like pulling with the bow.

So level 8, almost 9, and need to decide what to do next. I have one quest on hold as I don't like either choice - turn one guy in, break the law and get both to work together, or kill one of them. Neither really seems to deserve either fate but also not sure I want to break the law either. Before I reloaded to redo the quest I borked I had turned the guy in. Talked to him afterwards. Oh was he pissed - calling me the worlds biggest asshole lol. Not that I blame him. On the other hand he did set me up to kill someone so not like he is a decent guy. Kinda of funny guy though so … since I did a reload … leaving it open for now. Will think about it for a while or maybe just leave it unresolved in this case.

Also you can end up being a hypocrite depending on what quests you do and how you do them.

Now to maybe do some real exploring since all my remaining quests take me out of Edan for the most part.

Ok I just checked, and it's not doing that in my game. Cancelling out while lockpicking simply resets it for me.

Yeah, I checked with the last chest I came across and it seems to have stopped doing it now. I've no idea what caused it before.

I've had it happen once also, DPB, but never again. Darn it! I like that bug! One thing I hate about the map is there is no way to notate chest locations; at least that I've found. I've left myself notes on chest locations but have trouble finding several level 3 chests that I've left behind. I also hate the lack of a fog of war. I can't remember where I've wandered and where I haven't. Did I miss a setting or is there no fog of war at all to show where you have and haven't been. I'd start over if I could have that.

Last edited:
socket gems on weapon bugged?

I invested in the gemsocket skill, have at least 4 gems (each of which mentions a weapon effect) but can only place them in my armband doodad (adjutor? adjuticator? whatever)

For the armband, the sockets slots are highlighted, but for the weapon not. Do I need to meet some other requirement?

I invested in the gemsocket skill, have at least 4 gems (each of which mentions a weapon effect) but can only place them in my armband doodad (adjutor? adjuticator? whatever)

For the armband, the sockets slots are highlighted, but for the weapon not. Do I need to meet some other requirement?

Only a few weapons have socket slots. You can find out which ones by checking under the "Requirements" section of a weapon description. Some weapons have a "Sockets" section, with one or more empty slots.

Edit: You can actually add slots to weapons by upgrading the weapons on a workbench using the weapon modification skill of your faction, but that seems to be limited to melee weapons.

Only a few weapons have socket slots. You can find out which ones by checking under the "Requirements" section of a weapon description. Some weapons have a "Sockets" section, with one or more empty slots.

Edit: You can actually add slots to weapons by upgrading the weapons on a workbench using the weapon modification skill of your faction, but that seems to be limited to melee weapons.

I'm confused by this - the weapon I tried to upgrade has a "+" on it, which usually means a socket? Or does that mean I have to upgrade it to ad a socket? But if I click upgrade, it seems to upgrade to a weapon with 2 +'s and I can no longer use it (since the attribute requirements jumped about 20 a points).

EDIT: just checked - the weapon, serrated axe 1, states that it can be upgraded with a gem. But even though i have 4, the slots are still not selectable.

Do you have the appropriate skill? Gem socketing requires a skill I think...

You have to have the gem socket skill and be at a workbench.

Yes, I have the gem socket skill, 4 gems and I was at a work bench when I tried. The weapon description claims that it can be upgraded with a gem and it has a + on the weapon image. Either my game is somehow buggy, or the plus doesn't mean what I think it means?

Yes, I have the gem socket skill, 4 gems and I was at a work bench when I tried. The weapon description claims that it can be upgraded with a gem and it has a + on the weapon image. Either my game is somehow buggy, or the plus doesn't mean what I think it means?

Yes I have yet to find a weapon I can add a gem to even when it says you can. I was able to add them to my adjutor or whatever it's called so there could be a bug or it's another impenetrable facet of the game. This game could seriously have done with a manual.

I'm not sure I trust that google character. He may be fast, but his name sounds like a mixture of giggle and booger and I hate it when that happens :D

A quick google suggests you can only add gems to weapons enhanced to rank 2.

Ah bollocks - that means the stat requirements to wield the weapon are going to be much higher. I will try that when I'm 5 levels higher ;-)

I have also found very few gems, and all tier 1. I was hoping you could buy them, but I haven't seen anyone selling them yet.

Well bear in mind this was just someone on steam forums so they could be wrong. There is a lot of guessing going. I was able to add gems to my adjutor? and that can be helpful but it does also seem the easiest way to make higher tier gems is to combine lower tier gems so you may prefer to hang on to them. It's also possible now that I think of it that the tier of the gem has to match the tier of the weapon? Long weekend coming up so I'll be spending a lot of hours in the game and will investigate further.

Well bear in mind this was just someone on steam forums so they could be wrong. There is a lot of guessing going. I was able to add gems to my adjutor? and that can be helpful but it does also seem the easiest way to make higher tier gems is to combine lower tier gems so you may prefer to hang on to them. It's also possible now that I think of it that the tier of the gem has to match the tier of the weapon? Long weekend coming up so I'll be spending a lot of hours in the game and will investigate further.

Thanks - if you do find anything please report back. I did add gems to the adjutor too. In fact that is all I could enhance. I will also experiment with upgrading a slotted weapon and seeing whether an extra slot allows gem installation.

Confirmed. Upgraded my sword to ++ and was able to add one gem to it. Presumably tier 3 will allow 2 gems, tier 4 all 3.

Interesting! I also see there is a crafting skill that can be upgraded? Perhaps if you put a skill point in that you can use a gem on single + item? The game really needs some documentation.

Back
Top Bottom