|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Review @ Gamebanshee

Default Kingmaker - Review @ Gamebanshee

November 14th, 2018, 20:39
Yep, P:K should have gone to EA.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 21:14
Totally agree there, early access would have helped a lot, I think. Not to replace the beta access that they did use, but to supplement it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 21:18
Yeah agree. It's still a good game but could have been a lot better. I'm really hoping future patches and DLCs will improve the game more, especially the later 2 chapters.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 21:29
I don't doubt that they learned a great deal from the launch, and the weeks following. I really hope the game makes enough to warrant another in the future, even though I've not finished it yet, the fifteen or so hours I put into the first two chapters made it quite clear that they've got talent.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 22:39
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Boycotting a niche game by a small developer will probably have little to no impact on the industry. Other than putting a small developer out of business. Since I want to play the kind of game thier making this would not be a very good courses of action.

You want to make an impact? Organize a few million gamers and boycott one of the many buggy AAA games. Being very vocal that youíre boycotting because of bugs.

I want to play the kind of games Owlcat is making. So I want to support them and see them be successful. Boycotting or buying at a much reduce rate is more likely to send the message that games in this niche market arenít worth making rather than the message to not make buggy games.

It sucks that the game is buggy but judging by the 9GB patch Iím guessing they know and that common sense tells them customers donít like bugs. As long as they continue to support the game Iím willing to give them some leeway this time. If they release a second game thatís a buggy mess then I may have to rethink my stance.
If you wrote this post before 2012 you could have just replaced Owlcat with Obsidian and it would have worked perfectly
Also Obsidian never really learned on how to release a game without a lot of bugs, just that bugs they release with are less gamebreaking

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Review @ Gamebanshee