General News - Top 100 Mods of 2018

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Its time for the top 100 mods of 2018 at moddb.

Back for a 17th time, welcome to the 2018 Mod of the Year Awards. You will find no loot boxes, microtransactions, unlockables or DLC here - just amazing free mods made by dedicated creators for your enjoyment. For the next 4 weeks it is up to you to vote for your favorite mods so that they may make the top 100 which will be announced on the 11th of December.

There was plenty of blood & gore to go around last year, with the fan favourite Brutal Doom claiming top spot on the podium. Coming in second was the galactic spectacle Starwars II: Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy followed by an alternative C&C timeline in the Twisted Insurrection modification. If you need a refresh of how last year's awards went down head on over to the top 10 countdown's for both players and editors to see who stood out among the pack.

Show your support and start smashing those vote buttons for your favorite mods (and if your favorite mod isn't listed encourage the team to add it). Developers need to feel the overwhelming power and groundswell of support for mods, which drive so much creativity and goodwill in games of all shapes and sizes. There's been some huge releases this year, make your vote count and we look forward to seeing who will climb to the top, and be crowned the 2018 Mod of the Year.
Thanks rjshae!

More information.

My top mod is not on the list: BattleTech - RogueTech

Without this mod I would have moved on a long time ago. Currently I have over 200 h in RogueTech and I know I will play this for a long time to come.

My top mod is not on the list: BattleTech - RogueTech

Without this mod I would have moved on a long time ago. Currently I have over 200 h in RogueTech and I know I will play this for a long time to come.

What's RogueTech?

Has to be STALKER Anomaly for me. Simply the best way to enjoy STALKER nowadays. Comes with a new 64-bit engine, too.

Has to be STALKER Anomaly for me. Simply the best way to enjoy STALKER nowadays. Comes with a new 64-bit engine, too.
This looks cool. I've been thinking of replaying stalker recently, so might give this a shot. I've not played it with any mods installed.

Last edited:
It is essentially a free roam mod with some story. There are also numerous add-ons ranging from new mutants to new quests. Other good mods in the same vein of Anomaly are Road to the North and Dead Air, the first one being more story oriented (it is recently released and still has some bugs), and the second one being more hard core survival with less story. I prefer Anomaly since it's more polished than Road to the North, while still having some story to follow if I want to.

Correction---I think those mods listed were the 2017 winners, the page linked to is to vote for this year's winners who haven't been announced yet.

It seems like a more interesting list this year, at least from an cRPG perspective.

Fallout: New California is under Fallout: New Vegas; Enderal under Elder Scrolls V.

So it's an online map no thank you then.

Never played but the link says so.
Persistent online Map! Fight for your faction against REAL PLAYERS!!!
It seems like a more interesting list this year, at least from an cRPG perspective.

Fallout: New California is under Fallout: New Vegas; Enderal under Elder Scrolls V.
Fallout: New California has my vote but Enderal is not a 2018 mod.:nod:

Unless you want to vote for the expansion that is not released yet.

So it's an online map no thank you then.

Yeah, that is a bit unclear. "Online map" only means that the missions you do for the factions influence their control over a planet. So you and other players can shift the balance and boarders. You cannot fight against other players, though you can see where other companies are at the moment.

Also a nice thing (that is broken since Flashpoint, but will hopefully come back): Loot you don't take goes into that factions pool and can appear in the store. The amount available of one thing sets its price.

Last edited:
Any norespawn mod needs to be on some top list.
Reshade malware needs to be disqualified.

Beyond Reach is one of my favorites. Also upcoming Apotheosis looks great.

Back
Top Bottom