GOG - Winter Sale

I see that Titan Quest anniversary edition is on sale for $3.99. I missed that one. Anyone here have good things to say about it?

Thank you everyone. Opinions on Dragon's Dogma certainly seem mixed - true to its critical reception years back.

I think it's a steal at that price. Very fun game as long as you're ok with an action-RPG that has an emphasis on combat. Even though it was developed by Capcom, which is a Japanese developer, it's very much a Western style RPG, and the bestiary is ripped straight out of D&D.

Japanese developed game that's a western style RPG and houses a D&D bestiary? That actually sounds intriguing.

*Edit* If you don't use GOG Galaxy, I'd recommend getting the Steam version. There are some (optional) online elements that you may want to experience.

Hmm, if that's the case, I wouldn't benefit from this sale in this particular instance? I'm aware of the the pawn system, and truthfully I'd like to get the complete package. If the GoG version forces me to miss out on something, I'd rather avoid it.

I should note that I do have GoG Galaxy installed, but I hardly use it. I don't mind booting it up, though. I'll also mention that I'm talking about Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, if that helps. Is that the one with the expansion?

sakichop said:
My biggest complaint as mentioned earlier is the bigger enemies with multiple health bars. I fought one dragon for 45 min before finally depleating its third screen spanning health bar. Not an epic challenging and fun fight either. Since enemies are extremely easy to dodge it was just 45 min of dodging and endlessly beating on the dragon until it was dead.

Hmm, this is a bit concerning. The game has had my eye purely for the combat/gameplay. I wasn't expecting a groundbreaking epic with masterful storytelling, but a game that had fun fights. I'm not keen on tedious battles. I don't mind if they're lengthy, but if it's a slog to finish, I don't care for it. Final Fantasy 12's final hunt against Yiazmat was horrendous to for that reason. Not overly difficult, but long and boring. And six hours of it, too.

Last edited:
Only downside of these huge winter GOG sales is realizing you own and played almost every game they offer. This happens almost every year for me so bummer.:(

Only downside of these huge winter GOG sales is realizing you own and played almost every game they offer. This happens almost every year for me so bummer.:(

'Own' anyway, not so much 'played' for me.

There are many hidden treasures in GoG's sale and something for everyone, old and new. I have picked up soldiers of fortune, Cold waters (hardly goes on sale), and duskers (and got the three free games).

Three free games ? Oh yea generals, full, and everspace.

There are many hidden treasures in GoG's sale and something for everyone, old and new. I have picked up soldiers of fortune, Cold waters (hardly goes on sale), and duskers (and got the three free games).

Back
Top Bottom