The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

More Texas Hippie Coalition. :thumbsup:

These guys are underdogs should be bigger & have more fans.:(

Sorry, after my time!!

Haha. Yeah, I know, life's been tough to keep up with ever since they completed the Pyramids eh :D

That vid was one of the first pop songs featured on YouTube, from a time when being featured on YouTube actually meant something beyond either a dodgy algorithm or payed promotion. Some person at their head office got wind of a cool video and just featured it because, presumably, everyone in the office liked it.

I chose that one from my Youtube Like history because it shows so many things about old Youtube and remains in a fairly pristine state regards the views and comments, with barely any viewer interaction since it's feature period.

Here's another featured one from that golden era (long intro before the brief music):

And you had guys like this entertaining you:

btw, this guy ^ reminds me of how I imagine @Couchpotato; to look from the various profile pics :D Perhaps you can confirm couch! :eek:

Going back to them after 10ish years is really quite fascinating and even excluding the music aspect they're all now like historical manuscripts, browsing the comments and the like.

Last edited:
Some classic Slipknot.:iloveyou:

The other day, I watched this video then went back and listened to the outro again 2 or 3 times. Now youtube thinks it's my favourite song and it's been on the side as a recommendation in every video I watch.

@denj;, your link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvRbFMVqlI8 did not load, so I edited it.
See this post in which you can read how to avoid that problem. Well, how to avoid that problem in most cases. Because it still does not load. No idea why.

Edit
Removing a hard return after the number did the trick, which was there after my edit of your post.

Last edited:

OK, so I've finally gotten a chance to spin Hatchie a few times now. Very good, but not great. Several songs borrow sounds, either specific riffs or overall tone. There's a guitar stolen from New Order, a riff stolen from Bowie (that one's coming in a moment, cuz it might be the best tune of the release, even if owes royalties for ripping off "Fashion"), and a song that could have come right off a Lush release. Still, like I've said before, nothing wrong with a finely crafted PB&J and this release is well crafted. Can't speak to the deep, meaningful lyrics since I rarely pay attention to the actual words anymore anyway. Over all, a solid B+, and well worth the $10 I dropped.

Not quite sure about the structure since it appears to have two different choruses and neither really fits like a pre-chorus, so let's just say I really like Chorus #2 with the vocal passing tones and power chords.

Ooh nice. May have to pick this one up. :)
The entire release is on youtube (legit from the record company). Might want to give it a spin first. While that track is my favorite, I wouldn't call it a good representative of the whole release. Of course, she dabbles in a lot of "versions" of gazepop (I'm hereby coining the term for indie pop stuff with strong shoegaze sensibilities) from song to song so I don't know that I could pick any single tune that I'd call representative. I would say that she's shed some of the twee that lurked in the EP release, for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom