Unworthy Life - Indiegogo Campaign Started

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Indiegogo campaign for Unworthy Life has started and they are asking for $10K.

Unworthy Life is a story driven 3D action RPG with 15 - 20 hours of gameplay. The game is 80% complete and will release on PC and console in approximately 12 months time (September 2020).

Unworthy Life has many levels and environments which include two open world areas to explore. Players will engage in combat, hacking and physics puzzles as well as upgrading their robot with modular parts and learning or developing new abilities through a skills tree system.

It will be usually be possible to tackle the same situation in several different ways. Our protagonist robot Ul155e5 is a canvas that we hope you can use to play and navigate the story of Unworthy Life in your own preferred way.

We the team behind Unworthy Life have been working on this game for about four years. Our goal as a small team has always been to push the limits of what can be achieved by independent designers on a first game. We also wished to take our skills (mathematics, coding, physics, design) earned from a background in mechanical engineering and apply it to the development of an exciting and modern PC and console game inspired by the 80s science ficition films we grew up with as well as more recent Sci-fi/RPG games we came to love as adults.

We could given enough time probably finish the game and make Unworthy Life into something we really want to play and that we will personally love. However, this has never been about us. We want to make a game that many people will play and love. By backing this campaign you help us get some much needed hardware to smoothly finish the development of this game in 4K resolution, pay for bespoke professional music, allow us to pay talented voice actors and provide the first little bit of money towards the studio support we need to release this game for consoles.

Features:

• Over 15 hours of gameplay.
  • 15 levels including 2 open world levels.
  • Customisable modular robot protagonist.
  • RPG elements including levelling, unique equipment, exploration, decision making, alternative paths.
  • Hacking minigames
  • Physics puzzles.
  • Secret locations.
  • Fully 3D gaming in 4K resolution

More information.

I probably wouldn't enjoy the gameplay much (at least not the combat) but the premise / story sounds quite interesting. Kind of wish it was an upcoming movie or TV series instead.

I probably wouldn't enjoy the gameplay much (at least not the combat) but the premise / story sounds quite interesting.

I agree. I think that the game world would be better for some RPG or adventure game because that shooting and enemy AI will be probably subpar and generic. Action players will be hardly attracted by this while sci-fi RPG/adventure fans can.

Back
Top Bottom