Need recommendation

Please don't take offense if I don't end up picking up the game you guys recommended or don't enjoy it. It's just matter of different taste... :p

I'm not big on taking offense based on differing tastes :)

I mean, if I were - I'd be angry all day because of those annoying insane people who don't like ice cream!

Let's talk after you've played Fable and DS2 ;)

Do note that I don't think either of those games are "great" - they're just good enough to be worth playing, especially DS2 - based on your preferences.

But I think we should all know, by now, that we all like different things for different reasons.

Still, it's a little cute that you feels the need to anti-recommend the games I'm recommending.

Then again, what would forums be if we all agreed on everything?

?? When did I anti-recommend games you recommended?

Unless you are talking about someone else?

I'm not anti-recommending the games because you recommend them. I'm anti-recommending them because I think the games were fairly poor and given the games that purpleblob has expressed as liking I don't think they are games she will like. Also in the same genere of games there are better representation (though I suppose fable is more unique than dungeon siege 2).
-
There are many games out there and we can't play them all but I feel it is reasonable to comment on games I have actually played (which include both fable and dungeon siege 2). Naturally I won't comment on games that I haven't played. Another game I think she should avoid is ember which I thought was horrible but it seems to have a lot of fans at rpgwatch.
-
I'd recommend Mutant zero but I don't know if she would like it - it is party base and tbs; not too long and sort of cute. I will say that both fable and dungeon siege 2 are reasonably long games they just didn't seem to add much - sort of space wasters (imho).
-
It might be that every game you recommend I would not recommend - i don't know - but my comments are based on the recommendation not who is making the recommendation.

Still, it's a little cute that you feels the need to anti-recommend the games I'm recommending.

We should all do what we feel is right, of course :)
To Obi-Wan you listen??

Oh yeah, the topic!

Valley is 90% off. I played that and had a good time. It's an "action adventure" (some platforming, some shooting, some exploring) with nice graphics and music and a good little story. Easily worth the asking $2.

Expeditions: Viking is half off at $15. I wasn't impressed with the game myself but some others liked it.

Pillars of Eternity: Definitive is 50% off at $20.

Hacknet is 70% off at $3. Or you could spend $10.50 for the Ultimate Edition.

Surprised to hear that you didn't like Pillars of Eternity. Was it the setting?

Well, not just the setting, it just didn't click with me at all.

The story and setting was too depressing, didn't like the class system (you know, the whole muscle mage and wussy warrior), and found all companions either too bland or wacky.

Gave up my first attempt around 30 hour mark when I reached the Twin Elms, and only lasted like 5 hours in my second attempt.

While I enjoyed PoE, I understand that, as I also think it has a rather depressing feeling to it. It's one of my gripes with it. It's one of the main issues I enjoyed PoE2 a lot more, as the setting and atmosphere is much more enjoyable in my opinion.

Agreed about PoE. The setting was not for me - same goes for the writing.

Of course, the mechanics sucked ass for the most part as well :)

Still, it's not a BAD game - I just don't think it compares favorably to BG/Kingmaker.

PoE2 is another matter. They greatly improved everything about it - except, arguably, the balance.

The setting was much more in line with my preferences as well. Even the writing was good - which is a rare thing for me to say with Obsidian games.

I played POE twice; first before the expansions and second with all the changes and expansions. I didn't love it; I mean it was ok and it had a few interesting ideas but it felt unnatural and forced. I did greatly prefer the expansions to the full game - they had more combat (think ice-wind dale); and tighter less convoluted stories. The base game drag and i didn't find the story or characters that interesting but never-the-less I played it to completion. The mechanics were also a turn off or perhaps they just felt unnatural being used to other conventions (they make sense abstractly but i still find them hard to internalize).
-
Oh well will play poeii when they release the last expansion - i hear it is suppose to be better - at least according to silver coin was then copper coin but might be someone else now - of those games i really liked wasteland 2 director cut but i know a lot folks don't and divinity original sin was not bad - but i guess we are diverging from the topic.

Tower of time was already mentioned, I would like to add my vote to it. Nice little gem of a game with some nice mechanics and easy to play in short(er) bursts. I also very much liked Dungeon Siege III.

Oh yeah, the topic!
OOOPS! Sorry folks, I thought I was in the 'sales' topic! Valley doesn't fit into this at all!

Back
Top Bottom