Realms of Arkania - HD Remake Announced!

What is this strange feeling I have ? Could that be... enthusiasm ?

First Wasteland 2 and Chaos Chronicles and now this ? Have I died and gone to heaven ?

I don't want to be a big ole wet blanket, but until the publisher definitively says "turn-based", I won't be holding my breath. I mean, who would have ever thought a Jagged Alliance game could be made without turn-based combat?

I don't want to be a big ole wet blanket, but until the publisher definitively says "turn-based", I won't be holding my breath. I mean, who would have ever thought a Jagged Alliance game could be made without turn-based combat?
Well, they explicitly talked about a 1:1 remake, so I would guess this confirms the very same combat system.

Best decade for gaming ever.

Thanks for that info, I'll give it a try, at least if this remake turns out to be chimera. I mostly find the snag tends to be getting the in game sounds to work, I suppose the adlib and soundblaster are hard to emulate.

I think you're better off just spending $10 at GOG for the hassle-free versions.

Wow, that was quite unexpected, but great news. I replayed Star Trail some time ago again.. what a wonderful title that was. Attic's best one, as far as I'm concerned, though I did like Shadows over Riva as well. (Just a tad dissapointed at the scale of the gameworld at the time).

Where do I preorder? :)

I fondly remember playing the first three games. Although my memory is a bit foggy due to so many games since then, I do remember RoA was the first CRPG that allowed split parties, it was similar to Might & Magic or Wizardry (in fact, Sir-Tech published it in the USA), and had fun point-based tactical grid combat. Looking forward to the remakes… I really hope they keep that unique combat system.

Has the GOG version fixed up the game for Win 7?

They're listed as being compatible with both Windows 7 & 8 now.

I have Shadows Over Riva from them, but I've never gotten around to trying it. I could install it later on my Win7 64 system and let you know if there seems to be any issues.

I played BOD for first time a month or so and I liked the combat and how you can use objetcs even if I was not able to figure out how to use hook and fish and the music especialy ,I didn't played second yet but it sounds more interesting and improved.
Still I am not sure if they best make the first part and not just start with the second?

They're listed as being compatible with both Windows 7 & 8 now.

I have Shadows Over Riva from them, but I've never gotten around to trying it. I could install it later on my Win7 64 system and let you know if there seems to be any issues.

That would be good - I'll probably hold off from playing though if someone really is going to release an updated version.

Some time ago in 2012 I was playing Shadow of Riva. Although the game was awesome, 320*200 resolution were tiring to the eyes. I remember saying how it would be nice to see the game in high resolution, because artworks were really awesome. It seems my prayers were answered. Now I want Betrayal at Krondor HD and Wizards&Warriors HD remakes, also brand new M&M and Wizardry games would be nice. Please God, hear me. :)

Back
Top Bottom